Neah Bay Part 2 (June 18-23)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Neah Bay Part 2 (June 18-23)

Post by renoun »

pensacoladiver wrote: Actually, everything went VERY well and smooth last time out there. Thanks to all on the boat who kept their stuff on deck to a minimum.
I so wanted a photo of Cory's cockpit filled with dive gear on the way back in from Tattosh. It was packed pretty solid as folks shed gear and then the doubles started toppling over on the way in.

Should I try to talk my Uncle into driving out with me so we have a boat tender?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
ketralis
Aquaphile

Post by ketralis »

I'm out guys, I just got word that my instructor isn't gonna be able to do my Advanced and Nitrox dives the weekend I get back from leave but can on the 19th - 20th, so you can take my name off the list. Hope that makes things a bit easier for yall. Hooray for more diving education :book: :biggrin:
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Ok, updated again.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

There's one spot for Saturday on Cory's boat. I'm not sure if someone wants just a Saturday spot? Or maybe Cory can take one extra on Sunday to accommodate a person for the weekend?
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Yeah Coop! Glad you'll be making it for the weekend. Can't take some leave and come out for the week though?
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Hey all,

While I appreciate the thought and enthusiasm of people trying to organize this trip, the plain facts are these... This is going to be a very laid back trip for me and mine. If we dive only one dive a day, great.. if we dive three. great.. but there are no hard and fast plans as far as my boat is concerned. I may get there thursday, or I may get there friday... dont know yet. We will be diving sat and sunday, and maybe monday.
My boat will carry 7 divers....MAX

As of right now, that is myself, my wife, matt, lynda, joe, april, brenden. I am also going to have Jaksonbrown and my son along and that will more than max out my boat. Safety first, especially when my wife and kids are on board. People may sit out a day or elect not to dive and a spot may open up, but there are no guarantees.

I just want this to be clear as I would hate to have a whole bunch of folks show up expecting to boat dive and not have room for them.
We simply need more people to sign up with boats.
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

Who all is up for shore diving? If I can find someone to go with, I'd like to shore dive the jetty on Sunday and free up a boat spot. H20doc also mentioned some other spots with beach access that looked like they might turn into good dives. anyone up for some exploration?

I agree, we need more boats!!
April
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

April wrote:Who all is up for shore diving?
Yeah, remember it is "easy" shore diving out there. Who wants to go bushwhacking?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

renoun wrote:
April wrote:Who all is up for shore diving?
Yeah, remember it is "easy" shore diving out there. Who wants to go bushwhacking?
Shoot, if the H20doc did it, how hard can it be???

Seriously though, he did mention a fair amount of gear lugging. I didn't mean to sound for it to be easy, but it might be fun to try, and if we can find some decent shore diving sites it'll open up Neah Bay to more people when boat space is limited.
April
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

April wrote: Shoot, if the H20doc did it, how hard can it be???
I thought Chris had a secret.

I'm open to a little exploration if I end up heading out for the weekend. Curley's Resort in Seiku has some shore dives posted as does my copy of Northwest Shore Dives.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'll be there friday - sunday and will dive with who ever lets me on there boat. Looks like Cory's fromthe list. I have gas money and boat skills too. :taco: these LING are :rocket:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

you guys are all funny .... its a top secret , and you all had a good laugh around the campfire Friday night ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

H20doctor wrote:you guys are all funny .... its a top secret , and you all had a good laugh around the campfire Friday night ...
Once you tell anyone other than yourself, you no longer have a secret. When we were talking about your secret, we realized that at least 3 people knew of this secret.

Whaddya take me for a fool boy? :boxer: :biggrin:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

yes your a foo , and my mamma fills my scuba tanks , my other secret is that Chad likes tofu and veggie Dip
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Last weekend's hunt:

Can you smell the grilled bacon-wrapped morel-stuffed lingcod fillets??
Lophiiformes rock.

WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Dang, where'd you guys go? Altitude, temp, etc? Been thinking about heading out and looking myself but haven't yet.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

WASP7000 wrote:Dang, where'd you guys go? Altitude, temp, etc? Been thinking about heading out and looking myself but haven't yet.
Don't you know that mushroom locations are top secret? ;) But try the Leavenworth area, at least 1800 feet.
Lophiiformes rock.

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

I hope the vis is better in Neah Bay - yesterday it was so hard to see (maybe 5 feet max) that cabzilla ran into ME (and no, I was not about to shoot myself in the stomach).
Lophiiformes rock.

pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

rjarnold wrote:I hope the vis is better in Neah Bay - yesterday it was so hard to see (maybe 5 feet max) that cabzilla ran into ME (and no, I was not about to shoot myself in the stomach).
Where were you yesterday?
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Neah Bay tides look awesome for next weekend! One more week to go!!!!!! Now just keep your fingers crossed for the weather!!!!

Any more boats coming or is it still just Chad and I?? Scott(Boyd) you going to make it??
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

I just got my speargun and an SMB yesterday, I'm ready. :snipersmiley:

Wish we had some more boats though.
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Jaksonbrown wrote: Scott(Boyd) you going to make it??
Hi Cory,

No can do for this trip to Neah Bay. You guys have a blast, but I'm out of the water for at least 7 more weeks. :banghead:
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

WASP7000 wrote:I just got my speargun and an SMB yesterday, I'm ready. :snipersmiley:

Wish we had some more boats though.
Yeah, definitely.

As no one else has pulled out, this may be the final assignment for the boats:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

If you're not on the list, your only chances of getting on may be to barter, bribe, or plead mercilessly.
Lophiiformes rock.

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

sign me up for the 21st on cory's boat. 22nd and 23rd on chads boat if thats okay with him... (btw anyone else notice the "st, nd, and rd"?)
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Dashrynn wrote:sign me up for the 21st on cory's boat. 22nd and 23rd on chads boat if thats okay with him... (btw anyone else notice the "st, nd, and rd"?)
I put you down on Chad's boat for those three days as Cory may or may not be staying. There'll probably be enough room during the week so it shouldn't be a problem which boat you want.
Lophiiformes rock.

H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I am a no go ... sorry , but i cant make it .. fathers day is the 20th , and I am a great dad who needs to spend it with the kids.. Monday i have to work , and tuesday i have kids again.. so wrong weekend for me .. the doctor Is a No