The Offical Word on Smokey Point Diving

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: The Offical Word on Smokey Point Diving

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
divemaster08 wrote:
Norris wrote:I went Sat and they are getting low.

They do have a nice SUNTO Viper going for like 250.00
what about this deal???

Didn't see it, I suggest you call or go to scubastore: http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/ ... yper/517/p
I thought they were an authorized dealer in the EU, but if you buy in the USA you are SOL on the warranty since they don't allow Internet sales in the US? At least that was the situation a while ago when I looked into Apeks from them. Locally NWSD, UWS and I think Lighthouse are all Suunto dealers.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I just got word this morning via Facebook, that NWSD will be moving to just north of the 405/I5 interchange, so there's a more northerly store option for the Everett and Marysville folks. Not exactly local, but better than downtown!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

LCF wrote:I just got word this morning via Facebook, that NWSD will be moving to just north of the 405/I5 interchange, so there's a more northerly store option for the Everett and Marysville folks. Not exactly local, but better than downtown!
Hallelujah! I live just two exists north of the 405/I5 interchange. This could be very cool. How soon could the move be happening?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

trevorrowe wrote:
LCF wrote:I just got word this morning via Facebook, that NWSD will be moving to just north of the 405/I5 interchange, so there's a more northerly store option for the Everett and Marysville folks. Not exactly local, but better than downtown!
Hallelujah! I live just two exists north of the 405/I5 interchange. This could be very cool. How soon could the move be happening?
March 1st.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Meh, still not close enough. Waiting to see who will benefit from a NORTH shop. There is a market for it that's for sure.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Hey! That sounds like MY freeway exit!!!! (Mill Creek) I'll have to check FB when I get home today!

Having a shop THAT close would be uber-cool....especially one that understands and supports tech-divers and CCRs! :metal:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

John Rawlings wrote:
Hey! That sounds like MY freeway exit!!!! (Mill Creek) I'll have to check FB when I get home today!

Having a shop THAT close would be uber-cool....especially one that understands and supports tech-divers and CCRs! :metal:
From NWSD Face Book page....
Northwest Sports Divers NWSD is officially Moving into their new location in Mill Creek one block off I-5 in Martha Lake Plaza! Visit them Mar 01
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Its official... NWSD is coming to town! Just talked to the big guy himself ---->> :naka: (Kinda looks like Mathew dosent it!?) :boucegreen: :supz: No more 40 minute drives for air!!!!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Does anyone know if they're gonna have trimix at the new location?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

cardiver wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:

From NWSD Face Book page....
Northwest Sports Divers NWSD is officially Moving into their new location in Mill Creek one block off I-5 in Martha Lake Plaza! Visit them Mar 01
Hmmmm...Mill Creek Plaza is about 1 mile from I-5, not 1 block, but this is still really exciting....a dive shop only a minute or two away from my house!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Thanks all for the good words, I was going to make an announcement on the board (I had no intention of this deterring from SPD closing, my condolences), but acquiring the new location has happened in a blink of an eye. I will have the month of Feb to set up for fills to be ready by Mar 1.

This is a link to the Pub next door

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=13t ... a=N&tab=wl

Check NWSD facebook page for special announcements and promotions!

Cya in the water!
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
scubamatt
Just Settling In

Post by scubamatt »

Just got back from my shopping trip at SPD everything is half off and all rental gear is for sale......... and there closing friday
GatorJoe
Getting To Know Folks

Post by GatorJoe »

It's a damn shame. however their location was really bad. the cycle barn that's near them is barely hanging on at that location too.
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

there is also the new shop opening in everett on 41st, or is that still happening. if it does, that would be the most northerly shop that I'm aware of and a damm nice deal for the MUk. crowd. 10 min. to a fill or parts. NWSD's new local is a nice deal for north enders too.
kixy1
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by kixy1 »

Hey,
Does anyone know how to contact any of the guys from Smokey Point Dive? I took a class there, lost my card and there's an issue with PADI.... If I can't find my instructor I can't get a new card.
Old Nubbins
Aquaphile

Post by Old Nubbins »

Check with Evergreen Dive Services in Everett, they may be able to help.
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Post by MorningDiverBob »

kixy1 wrote:Hey,
Does anyone know how to contact any of the guys from Smokey Point Dive? I took a class there, lost my card and there's an issue with PADI.... If I can't find my instructor I can't get a new card.
I can contact one of (SPD) instructors. What name of instructor ? I'll e-mail you.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
jet
Just Settling In

Post by jet »

425-760-6322
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Unfortunately I've heard that the missing cards has been the norm from them not the exception....
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....