Could use some dive buddies

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Could use some dive buddies

Post by Blaiz »

Hey guys!

I find myself with no one yet to dive with, so I'll make a post here and see if anyone can join me in the water!

- What is your current level of experience (number of dives, certification level)?
I'm newly Open Water certified, I have just the four required dives.
- Are you new to the area or new to diving cold water?
I'm not new to the area, just new to diving. I've been using a dry suit, and find it quite comfortable
- What type of diving are you interested in?
Err, really I'd just like to get down there and see stuff
- Do you have any preferences or limitations that your dive buddies should be aware of? (e.g., don't like to go deeper than ___, don't like to do long surface swims, prefer seeing critters to wrecks, etc.)
I've never been deeper than 40fsw so far, but I wouldn't mind going deeper. I'm not the best swimmer in the world but I'll try to keep up. I don't have any wreck certification or any of the fancy stuff yet. I don't know too many marine life common names, much less the Latin names, but they sure are fun to see, I'll listen for hours if you want to talk about it.
- When are you available to go diving?
The month of July, I'm working from 9-6. I don't have any major issues with traveling to meet someone, and my only family issues are to make sure my dogs don't starve :) I'd love to dive on weekdays, and, well, all weekend, too!

I very much look forward to meeting folks as well as their favorite dive spots!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Re: Could use some dive buddies

Post by Dashrynn »

My style of diving is very calm and slow (unless im on the trigger) if you can handle the cold i could show you the small "slug" like things everyone always talks about. We could start off small like rosario unless the tides are right for keystone.
mcloed121
Aquanaut

Post by mcloed121 »

if you want to dive friday can meet at redondo i like to dive just to look at everything not to go deep i like to get as much pictures as i can i go slow i'm aow cert only 24 dives let me know i can meet at any time
Anthony
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

The lack of punctuation hurts my head. :der:
Old Nubbins
Aquaphile

Post by Old Nubbins »

WASP7000 wrote:The lack of punctuation hurts my head. :der:
Yeah, it ruined my SAC rate :laughing3:
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Hey Blaiz

If you can get off work a few minutes early you should come join us for one of our Monday Mukilteo dives. The second dive is usually around 6:30 but if we know you're coming we can push it back a little if necessary.

At MMM you'll find all sorts of divers and gear configurations and there's always someone to dive with. Experience and training levels range from freshly certified to fairly advanced.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Matt, that's a lovely idea, and I'll have to look into it. Probably wouldn't make it this week tho. I'll keep ya posted.
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix