Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Post by Jenbowes »

ktb wrote:
scottsax wrote:Here's a picture version of it.
NWDC 09182010.JPG
Real names?!? We don't need no stinkin' real names . . .
YEAH! Don't uncover my "SECRET IDENTITY" for cryin' out loud!

Great. Well, now I can't go! I've been unveiled!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Penopolypants wrote:We're still missing burgers/burger buns, condiments (mayo, ketchup, mustard) and toppings (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese).
I'm starting to get worried that we won't have any chips! Chips are great! We love chips!
I'll also bring a big costco size jar of ketchup.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

is anyone bringing a canopy or two? looks like some rain tomorrow, we might want to at least keep the food dry-ish.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:is anyone bringing a canopy or two? looks like some rain tomorrow, we might want to at least keep the food dry-ish.
Yes, I'm bringing mine, and Mongo kindly offered to bring a couple as well. More couldn't hurt.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

spatman wrote:is anyone bringing a canopy or two? looks like some rain tomorrow, we might want to at least keep the food dry-ish.
We have one we will bring. Ah....winter in Seattle has begun.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

ktb wrote:
Penopolypants wrote: I'm starting to get worried that we won't have any chips! Chips are great! We love chips!
After some urging from Shell, I was planning to bring those pita chips and hummus I brought to that "other" dive last month. So there's some chips for ya . . .
Uhhh . . . DBrown just surprised me by hitting the grocery store on his way home (love that guy!), but I didn't have a chance to tell him about my awesome food plans for tomorrow. So . . . maybe I'll bring brownies.
Kelly
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'm also bringing a canopy ... and a BBQ grill ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Penopolypants wrote:
Yes, I'm bringing mine, and Mongo kindly offered to bring a couple as well. More couldn't hurt.
I'll have one.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
msmith80
Just Settling In

Post by msmith80 »

I just wanted to throw this out there since there are going to be soooooooo many divers in the water. A couple of weeks ago my dive buddy lost a fin in between the fishing pier and the MAST pier..... ( had an air issue and came up, fin slipped off the dry suit foot.) in the process of looking for it on the fishing pier, his mask decided to join the fin the the water. if anyone finds a black and grey tusa split fin and a scuba pro mask, the owner would be very appreciative.

Thanks
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

CaptnJack wrote:
Mongo wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.
I may be too late.... but I would like to go as well. Do you need a bribe... err compensation?
Whoops sorry missed the previous page. Sorry Mongo, Geouck and Blaiz. Maybe you can convince another boat person to come.

Liz and Psunquist had first dibs. then Trevore and lastly me.
Oh shoot.....Psundquist just got home and mentioned that he promised a good friend of ours that we would join him tomorrow morning on the first dive to celebrate our friend's 300th dive. Thanks so much for the offer, but we will have to pass on the barges tomorrow. Can't wait for the post-barge dive report over lunch, though!! :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

lizard0924 wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Mongo wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.
I may be too late.... but I would like to go as well. Do you need a bribe... err compensation?
Whoops sorry missed the previous page. Sorry Mongo, Geouck and Blaiz. Maybe you can convince another boat person to come.

Liz and Psunquist had first dibs. then Trevore and lastly me.
Oh shoot.....Psundquist just got home and mentioned that he promised a good friend of ours that we would join him tomorrow morning on the first dive to celebrate our friend's 300th dive. Thanks so much for the offer, but we will have to pass on the barges tomorrow. Can't wait for the post-barge dive report over lunch, though!! :)
OK honestly at this point whomever is there at 9:45-10, comes up to me (the guy with the red rib and maroon tundra) and has an interest is good to go. :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

CaptnJack wrote:OK honestly at this point whomever is there at 9:45-10, comes up to me (the guy with the red rib and maroon tundra) and has an interest is good to go. :)
I'll be there!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

ive bringin a dish with bacon in it !!! tables ? what about a Table ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

scottsax wrote:Currently filled with 32% in my garage I have 3 HP120s (2 DIN only [PST], 2 either yoke or DIN[Worthington]), 1 HP119 (yoke or DIN), 2 HP100a (Fabers, DIN only), and a stage-rigged AL40.
All of the above is a bit overkill to bring in my Subaru Impreza Zipcar, so currently I have 3 HP120s, 1 HP119, and 1 HP100 packed. I've heard from 1 person so far wanting a tank, so I think 5 should cover me and anyone else that wants one.

I'm also bringing coffee, and dive buddy Sheri, so it should be a pretty full car tomorrow morning! I'm hoping to be there shortly after 8, because I want parking, dammit!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, bless you coffee bringers!

We'll bring our canopy, if we can find it (apparently an issue). We thought about bringing the boat and joining Richard, but the Redondo boat ramp is not friendly at low tide, which is what we'd be dealing with in the morning. So we'll just shore dive with everybody else.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

I will bring some chips, try to remember a canopy, Marie, and a buddy and his girlfriend. :burntchef:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Post by spatman »

If everyone who says they're coming actually shows up, this club dive will be EPIC.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

spatman wrote:If everyone who says they're coming actually shows up, this club dive will be EPIC.
I'm thinking the epic part will be getting my gear to the beach from whichever county I end up finding an open spot in.
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:If everyone who says they're coming actually shows up, this club dive will be EPIC.
I think I'll run a reel... in case it turns into a blind exit. :taco:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

there are raisins simmering for oatmeal cookies as i type. :joshsmith:
now if there will be someone there that is a tube audiophile, i may be able to convince my other half to join me on the surface...
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

noms are done!

(bad blaiz! no! mustn't touch! bad girl!)

I'm gonna bring some to the dive!

(GET AWAY FROM THE NOMS!!)

----

On another note I will valiently refrain from mentioning anything suggestive about anyone helping me with my 69th dive.
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Given the dreadful state of the weather, if you have a canopy, and you can squeeze it in, bring it please! We've got several tables lined up and we can make do with what we have, but if you can easily bring an extra table then feel free to do so.

Icky weather means bupkis in a drysuit! :joshsmith:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

We need a NWDC circus tent!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Let's hope nobody else was planning to use the parking lot today ... :eek:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Tangfish wrote:We need a NWDC circus tent!
Dude, your avatar...no...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!