Scientific survey on East Pacific Red Octopus!

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
TJ Yockachonis
Just Settling In

Scientific survey on East Pacific Red Octopus!

Post by TJ Yockachonis »

Hello Everyone!

The study members and I have updated the Red Octopus survey to give more complete data regarding our study.

Below is the link to our survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NVVRSBC

Again, the data previously entered was saved in our database and will be used in this study (no need to fill it out again).

The survey will take place from now until the end of May.

We have talked about possibly making a long term database that can be monitored by the public in the future! This could aid in the known population for the Red Octopus!

Please pass the survey on to anyone that might see one of the awesome creatures while on a dive!

Thank you as always,

TJ Yockachonis
Last edited by TJ Yockachonis on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: Scientific survey on East Pacific Red Octopus!

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Awesome TJ... I'll be keeping my eye open (yip I gotz only one!) and be using that site as much as possible
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
TJ Yockachonis
Just Settling In

Re: Scientific survey on East Pacific Red Octopus!

Post by TJ Yockachonis »

Cool Wayne. Thanks for your idea on the survey! I think it is going to collect a lot of data for us!

TJ