Only 8 Dives Left To Go!!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Only 8 Dives Left To Go!!!

Post by Agent 47 »

For what, you ask? after this mornings dive before work I am a mere eight dives away from my 2,000th carear dive. :joshsmith: and I need advice. If things continue as scheduled I should be making said dive in Just over a weeks time and I have yet to decide where to go. My 1,000th was in Hawaii almost ten years ago but I dont think the pocketbook would support that again. ( the dive shop Biz not quite what it once was :crybaby: ) I would like it to be memerable and preferably somewhere I have not been. I dont mind driving if I can get there and back in the Weekend and make it to work Monday morning. Any Suggestions?
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: Only 8 Dives Left To Go!!!

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Nanimo!
well unless you've been there and done that.
Channel Islands.
Go do the Missile Silo's in eastern Wa. just did them this last weekend and it was a ton of fun.

Dive Puget Sound naked... I bet ya haven't done that before.. just let me know where and when so I can avoid the area! :)
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Really cool avatar Waynne!

I guess the Red Sea and the great barrier reef are out of the question :rofl:
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

Porpoise Bay Charters on the Sunshine Coast of BC. They have some great dives. If you can hitthe tides right, you can do dive in Skookumchuck Narrows. There are tidal rapids there and have incredible life on the rocks. You have about a half hour window to dive at "slack". Would require an overnight stay in one of their yurts.

http://www.porpoisebaycharters.com/
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

Any plans yet Aaron? Have you done Salt Creek & Sekiu? Too bad I work sat night cause I'd make an overnighter out of it but you work monday am. We could still make a long day of it sunday. I would enjoy Canada but dont have travel documents. Let me know if you get stumped. I'd like to join you if I can. Hopefully you'll find something thats not too mundane. Congrats of 2k dives. Very cool. Hope I dont have to do that many before I get a rebreather :notworthy:
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Aaron: Try one of the dive charters serving the San Juan Islands. I'm sure there are dives there you haven't done. Race Rocks out of Victoria is pretty spectacular if you haven't done those. Also, Barkley Sound offers some neat dives: the wreck of the Vanlene, the wreck of the Thiepvel (Check my spelling on that one, it's been awhile.), and Tyler rock stand out in my mind. Oh yeah, Mermaid Cove in Saltery Bay would be a cheaper alternative. You could camp at the park, dive from the shore and work down the "steps" into deeper water with sponges and crinoids and big fish. Good Luck.
- Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

I will be doing the san juans the weekend of the 27th but I am thinking about getting a Saturday off and doing a Saturday Sunday at salt creek for number 2,000 on the 5th 6th of march. I know it isnt the most spectacular dive but its on my list and I could hit up lake crescent on the way back. Anybody want to join me? March weather is usually good I would probably just kip out in my truck and make two days of it. Although I could only do one dive besides the trip to the san juans to make sure I am there for number 2,000 ( Of course on second thought I am sure there have been several dives that have not been logged or counted so in all likelyhood I hit the 2000 mark already but it is more the spirit behind the quest that matters right?)
Last edited by Agent 47 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

bababooey!! ..........Sorry just noticed my post count was at 99 and wanted to get it to 100.....what is it with me and numbers? :nutty:

Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Gotta tell you with a post count ratio of 1:20 (posts/dives) you're a pretty lousy cyberdiver.

Congrats on number 2000 :taco: :joshsmith:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

Well it snuck up on me too quick. looks like by default my number 2000 will be in the san juans next weekend. I am still planning on going to salt creek the first week in march but it should be just another spectacular dive and one of the first on my way to 3,000!!