Small Stuff RAWKS!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Small Stuff RAWKS!

Post by seainggreen »

G'morning,

As I was cleaning up video clips as a part of the "great migration" to a new suite of editing tools and plug ins, I stumbled across some clips that I'll call "odds and ends"... clips that are fun and nice, featuring some fun animal behavior... but that haven't been used in a client project nor have they been a part of any of the fun videos I've posted along the way. This particular collection of odds and ends features some of the smaller things in life. All images were shot without the benefit of a macro diopter and so the close ups you see come courtesy of good zooming and good lighting. The music is one of my first efforts at a scoring plug-in that I'm using for project work. Can't say that I'm in love with the final track, but you gotta start somewhere!

The alternate title for this movie is in homage to John Rawlings, who first taught me that small stuff rawks. :)

Remember to click up to 720p and enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ggcauNXzc[/youtube]

I've got a few other odds and ends that will be assembled and when they are, I'll be sure to share.

But for now, time to spend a day full of diving with friends! Hooray for holidays. :)
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Re: Small Stuff RAWKS!

Post by oldsalt »

I've been sitting here nursing a cold and leg injury an unable to dive for over a week. Your video provided the perfect tonic. Thanks. - Curt
Happy to be alive.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Great vid!
:taco:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Love it!

This is the kind of video that is really fun to watch and stars some of my favorite actors. It's actually better than some of the dedicated footage I have seen and I like the sound track.

Thanks for sharing.

:joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Nice video. No, very nice video.

But I got a lot of buffering. How fast connection do I need so there is no buffering?
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Hmmm, I wish my best efforts were half as good as your "odds n ends" :)

Very nice!
Cheers!

Ron
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

Arcticdiver, I don't know what speed you'd need to not have buffering... sometimes during heavy traffic YouTube is always stuck on buffering footage, other times it pops right up. I'm not really a techy-type so I don't know.

Curt, glad that the film helped cure what ails you! :)

Diving today was fun-filled and I got a handful of great keeper film segments. Good times!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Sea Goat
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sea Goat »

Really, really nice video, Laurynn, and it proved that grunt sculpins will make me squeal whether I'm underwater or not. I dug the scoring, too.

:)
NWUE Founding Member
GUE Seattle
http://www.GUE-Seattle.org
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

Nice entertaining video. I like how you were able to get the music in tempo with the scene changes. I hope my videos I get from Maui next week are half as entertaining. Thanks for sharing. Greg
Got Water?
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

I agree completely. Fun vid too. Thanks for sharing.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jabberjaw wrote:Nice entertaining video. I like how you were able to get the music in tempo with the scene changes. I hope my videos I get from Maui next week are half as entertaining. Thanks for sharing. Greg
Greg doesn't care about your video. He just wanted to make sure everyone knows he'll be in Maui next week. :penelope:

Your youngest fan loved it as usual, and named all his favorite friends. He did call out for a Black-eyed Goby though, as was featured in the last one, and was rather disappointed not to have one in this one.

"Law-win make a movie with my goby? Where my goby went?" - Toddler Sounder, Laurynn's youngest and possibly biggest fan
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

seainggreen wrote: The alternate title for this movie is in homage to John Rawlings, who first taught me that small stuff rawks. :)
Thanks for the plug, Laurynn! The "small stuff" has always kept me entranced whenever I'm underwater. I very much remember one dive in particular years ago at the Mukilteo clay walls. The little critters were EVERYWHERE and both of us were absolutely mezmerized! Remember the little Red Octopus that "danced" on your hand?

Great video....definitely my cup of tea!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

Sounder wrote:Greg doesn't care about your video. He just wanted to make sure everyone knows he'll be in Maui next week. :penelope:
Ya Buddy, Maui, Oh Baby. 73 degree water 80 + degree outside temps. Yea, I'm braggin. Especially after this week of cold and snow. :neener: :neener:
Got Water?
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

John Rawlings wrote:
seainggreen wrote: The alternate title for this movie is in homage to John Rawlings, who first taught me that small stuff rawks. :)
Thanks for the plug, Laurynn! The "small stuff" has always kept me entranced whenever I'm underwater. I very much remember one dive in particular years ago at the Mukilteo clay walls. The little critters were EVERYWHERE and both of us were absolutely mezmerized! Remember the little Red Octopus that "danced" on your hand?

Great video....definitely my cup of tea!

- John
I will *never* forget that dive... A) watching you take photographs of macro was awesome, B) just having a buddy who liked looking at the teensy tiny things with me was awesome, and C) that teeny octopus on my hand was one of my very very first cephalopod encounters... definitely will always remember that dive. :)

Hooray, hooray for small stuff. I am now shooting with a macro lens and so now I'm getting the super-small stuff in even better detail... can't wait to edit through the footage!
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Fun video! Lots of local favorites. Hoodies, Grunts, and Octos - Oh My!
Dave