Hello all! (again)

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Hello all! (again)

Post by straitscuba »

I am not new to the boards but haven't been here for awhile. My name is Howard and I live in Port Angeles. I am a PADI instructor but not teaching this year. I have done a lot of diving from Port Angeles west. I have tried quite a few of the Puget Sound sites, but it is hard to dive inside when you live so close to Sekiu and Neah Bay! I have only done warm water a few times (well technically quite a few dives over about three months in FLorida) and all I could think was that I was ready to get back to the cold water! I resisted a dry suit for several years until I froze to the deck of the boat I was diving off of in Alaska on the way back to the dock. I have been stuck just doing working dives for the last couple of years but ling cod season this year brought me back into fun diving full force! If any of you are coming diving up this way I am always looking for new dive buddies!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello all! (again)

Post by BASSMAN »

Port Angeles is a long drive, but thanks for the open invite! =D> :highfive:

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Is there much in the way of shore diving there? There are places around the waterfront of the town that look interesting, but I haven't a clue what currents they might involve. I'm spending some time out in PA more often these days and would love to go for a tour sometime.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

welcome back!

Like others have said, I don't get out that way much, although that town was instrumental in getting me to take diving lessons, but I'll sure get it touch when I can dive with you!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I don't make it to PA much but I am in Port Townsend all the time. Pm me if your going to be down that way.
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Post by straitscuba »

There is shore diving in Port ANgeles, mostly out on the spit. I have tried several other sites along the shoreline but haven't found much interesting. If you want to check out old shopping carts and road cones, etc. there is the City Pier... haha We also have Lake Crescent, Salt Creek, Dungeness Bay (crab) and Sequim Bay (another crab dive) close by.
Sealman
Just Settling In

Post by Sealman »

Welcome back bassman, Long time no here, Hope things are well with you. I am still here in PA still getting my nitrox fills in Port Townsons, Drop a e-mail if your going out this way.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I'm confused, is Sealman & Straitscuba the same?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman