Dive #100

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Alexitt
Submariner

Dive #100

Post by Alexitt »

Saturday was dives #98-99 down at Cove 2 for an UW Photo Walk led by Dan Clements and sponsored by the good folk's from Optical Oceans. Thanks to everyone who attended, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot... (mostly that I have severe camera envy...) The nice thing was that I had a few shots that were worthy of showing...
Alex_20110930_0122.JPG
Alex_20110930_0008_1.jpg
Alex_20110930_0011.JPG
So Sunday rolls around, I hop on the Ferry over to Kingston and discover that my tentative buddy for the day somehow stayed up past his bedtime... All is not lost however, and I meet up with a couple other groups of divers ie: Anacortes Diving and Girl-Diver... Oops, forgot Ken and Phil, sorry... BTW Great to meet all of you!!! The day was great, the tide was timed perfectly, and the vis was 20-25' at times!!!
I ended up doing a 93 min. dive, my longest so far... and shot a lot of photo's... and all in all had a seriously righteous time!!!
Anacortes Dive fed me afterward and while we were socializing a big pod of Orca cruised by out in the rip, 50-70 whales according to a fisherman who got stuck out in the midst of them as they cruised by...
Here's some pics from the dive...
Pict0008.jpg
Pict0015.jpg
Pict0019.jpg
Pict0021.jpg
Pict0031.jpg
Pict0046.jpg
Pict0049.jpg
Pict0053.jpg
Pict0059.jpg
Pict0064.jpg
Pict0065.jpg
Pict0071.jpg
Pict0074.jpg
Pict0084.jpg
Pict0085.jpg
Pict0092.jpg
Pict0140.jpg
What a Day!!!
Last edited by Alexitt on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: Dive #100

Post by RoxnDox »

yeah, yeah, whatevah... You might have gone out on a milestone dive, seen lots of cool critters, met lotsa nice peeplez, seen a pod of Orcas, and taken a bunch of really nice pictures with a (non-leaking) new camera, but WE got to go up to Mom's house, dig up a whole bunch of garden, fix up the greenhouse, and plant Bert's 400-plus tulip & daffodil bulbs! So there ppppptttthhhhhbbbbbbtttttttt!!! :neener:

Actually, I had been hoping the new drysuit would arrive before I got back from Denver, so I mighta been able to join you. Alas, no such luck, but it's supposed to get here today... :eric:

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

Congrats! I just realized my dive on the Tacoma Pooper on Saturday was my 500th. What a way to hit 500 ;-)
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

diverden wrote:Congrats! I just realized my dive on the Tacoma Pooper on Saturday was my 500th. What a way to hit 500 ;-)
Yeah, Some days are like that... Thanks
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Congrats on the century mark! Great pics, what are you shooting them with?
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Thanks very much... I'm using an Intova IC14 which is their newest model with a Sea&Sea strobe, this being an upgrade from Intova to replace 3 leaking IC12's. Long story short used my first one for 6 mos. then it developed a leak in the trigger button, they sent a replacement which flooded first time out... They then sent another replacement which promptly did the same thing... Neither housing would flood unless there was a camera in it I know because I took them out empty 2-3 times each and had no problems, when I reached the end of my rope and decided on a refund I found they had a new model and opted for that instead and so far so good... Great customer service but I'd have a hard time recommending the former camera though I'm pretty happy with this one so far... After going on the dives at Cove 2 I discovered that I have serious camera envy though... Time to save my pennies or win the lotto...
-Alex-

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Congrats on dive # 100 :supz:

Nice pics!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

congrats on 100 alex!