New divers, What gear are you looking for? - NHZ PLEASE!

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: New divers, What gear are you looking for? - NHZ PLEASE!

Post by Octoloco »

Larry has an Apollo drysuit that is in great shape although it might need new seals . He'd like to get $200 for it or best offer. PM me if interested.
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Post by straitscuba »

I have a ton of suits, both wet and dry in various sizes and prices to get rid of. I also have a few sets of regulators, a couple of dive computers, a BCD or two, two AL 80's that are basically brand new, and a bunch of other assorted stuff I would be willing to part with. Bad part is it is all in Port Angeles... Although I do have a buddy that goes over to that side of the water often and I get over there a couple times a month. I also have some fins, etc. Let me know what you are looking for and I will let you know what I have and some prices!
shaggie
Avid Diver

Post by shaggie »

My son in law is just starting out. He needs a good wet suit at a reasonable price. Probably size large. Anyone have anything? Thanks.
:joshsmith:
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

shaggie wrote:My son in law is just starting out. He needs a good wet suit at a reasonable price. Probably size large. Anyone have anything? Thanks.
:joshsmith:

My roommate's brother in law has one he is looking at getting rid of. I've heard it's a nice suit. I can see what he'd take to get rid of it.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
shaggie
Avid Diver

Post by shaggie »

That would be great finnegkp. PM me when you find out the details!

John
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

During the Dive Expo, Bob Lew (morningdiverbob) dropped some gear off at my house ... and I've added some items of my own ... to help out new divers in need. If you're a new diver in need of equipment ... or someone just signing up for a class and in need of some basic stuff ... drop me a line and I'll see if I can help you out.

There's a bunch of basic stuff like snorkels and masks, at least one (small) BCD, at least one regulator ... I haven't really gone through the whole inventory yet ... so the idea is let me know what you need and I'll go digging to see if I have it.

My only request is that the intent here is to help new divers who are in need of gear ... not someone who is just looking for more backup equipment. In particular, I'd like this equipment to go to someone who really can't afford to buy it themselves.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
viperwsu
Frequent Bubbler

Post by viperwsu »

I'm a relatively new diver - 36 dives - and am looking at eventually moving from Rec to Tech (deeper, longer, wrecks). I've got all my gear for single tank rec, but still need most of the requirements for the basic Intro to Tech class

I.E. BP/W & harness (I'm 6'5")
doubles or the manifold, valves, and bands to make my 2 HP130's into doubles (although 2 singles is allowed)
7ft primary hose
If I went to doubles I'd need another DIN 1st stage to move my octo and computer onto.

If my dive computer with attached compass is a no-no, then I'd need a depth/timing device, SPG, and compass.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

A buddy of mine is just doing his first class tonight for OW. He is super excited and has bought a few things as well. He is about 6'0 and maybe 190. He is seriously shopping for a drysuit to start out. He is willing to part with about 4-500 but doesnt have a HUGE SCUBA budget.

Drysuits anyone?

He would also prefer self donning, but he will take what he can get.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
viperwsu
Frequent Bubbler

Post by viperwsu »

I don't know if it'll fit him, but Tacoma Scuba has (last I was there) a drysuit/undergarment that was ordered but never picked up. It looks like it's for someone 6'-6'4, but lanky. I think it was about $1400 for the set. More than he's looking to spend, but still a good deal for a new suit.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

New divers, What gear are you looking for? - NHZ PLEASE!

Post by Jeremy »

I have a self donning suit I will sell for $500. It has maybe 25 dives on it.