Mukilteo Last Night

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Mukilteo Last Night

Post by Octoloco »

Dropped in 35', starting checking things out. Found a baby snailfish right off. At first we thought it was a PSL (until later when we looked at the pics). While we were trying to get shots, a juv. wolfeel joined us, swimming around and under Larry. Went about the dive, found the little red on eggs and another little red deeper. Continued finding the typical stuff, finishing off the dive in the shallows after 90 minutes. We were on a search for tiny things so I could check out the new 8x diopter lens I bought from Jack at the Expo. Larry found yet another tiny snailfish. This one was a bit bigger than the first but still not more than 1/4".
That's Larry's blue gloved finger behind the blurry snailfish
That's Larry's blue gloved finger behind the blurry snailfish
1/4" snailfish!
1/4" snailfish!
:partydance:
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Re: Mukilteo Last Night

Post by MorningDiverBob »

Great you found. Nice second picture of very tiny Snailfish. I found five Marbled Snailfish 1/2" to 3/4" this morning Wed. 4/25. I didn't bring my camera.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

That's funny that you found some too. I literally could not see what Larry was looking at until they moved and even then could only tell that it was some type of tiny fish! Until we looked at the photos, I thought he'd found lumpsuckers.

Last night we went out again but didn't spend much time in the shallows. Larry did end up finding one that was big enough that I could tell that it had stripes but only when it moved. They're so cute once I can actually see them!
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Amazing work by both you and Bob. Having dived with Bob and reading your posts, I am not surprised. You are both gifted observers.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Cute little guy, Looks like he's wearing a fur coat!