Thursday South Sound dives in Port Townsend!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

pogiguy05 wrote:i would only like to go on the record and state that this is NOT a SOUTH sound dive. I protest :gunslinger: :80sdance: :penelope: :popcorn:
That means martinis instead of moonshine imo.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Thursday South Sound dives in Port Townsend!

Post by Dusty2 »

Naw, Micro brews at the pour house in PT! :neener:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Keith,

I am taking Friday off to go surfing, so Thursday is out for me. I may dive somewhere local like Redondo as a solo dive. I will be in Portland sat, so I am thinking the Sunday PT dive is looking good. Sorry I will miss Thursdays festivities! Have fun out there with Bucknaked!

Jessiey
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Scubie Doo wrote:Keith,

I am taking Friday off to go surfing, so Thursday is out for me. I may dive somewhere local like Redondo as a solo dive. I will be in Portland sat, so I am thinking the Sunday PT dive is looking good. Sorry I will miss Thursdays festivities! Have fun out there with Bucknaked!

Jessiey
Watch out for sharks :burntchef: have fun and whats up with your name :smt064
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

People cannot seem to get my name right, so I am covering all my bases. If I get attacked by a shark, I am sure you'll hear about it. BTW - We are surfing in the afternoon/evening, into the night. Prime feeding time!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Night-ride? :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Scubie Doo wrote:People cannot seem to get my name right, so I am covering all my bases. If I get attacked by a shark, I am sure you'll hear about it. BTW - We are surfing in the afternoon/evening, into the night. Prime feeding time!
Stay away from seal areas.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Dusty2 wrote:
Scubie Doo wrote:People cannot seem to get my name right, so I am covering all my bases. If I get attacked by a shark, I am sure you'll hear about it. BTW - We are surfing in the afternoon/evening, into the night. Prime feeding time!
Stay away from seal areas.

Uhm.... That's the ocean, right? :tomnic:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Not to derail this fine conversation but...is anyone bringing a grill? I wish I had one to offer, but they're hard to cart across the country in a little hatchback...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

eliseaboo wrote:Not to derail this fine conversation but...is anyone bringing a grill? I wish I had one to offer, but they're hard to cart across the country in a little hatchback...
Across the country?!? You live in PT, right? :smt064

I might be able to scare up a half dozen brats if said grill materializes.

Anyone else?
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Well we could just call ya Sharkbait instead of Jessy, Jessie, Jeszy, Jezzy, Chesty, or whatever...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266543/quotes?qt=qt0397041

:angelblue: :supz:

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

I have some smoke saugages in my fridge but my grill wieghts to :eric: much too bring. Remember jessiey to wear yum yum yellow
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Does our own Bassman have a small grill? Methinks yes, but I am not sure.

Perhaps someone can bring fixin's for said brats?

That is if we can get off feeding Scoobers to the sharks and get back to planning this amazing dive day!! :smt064
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Remember to factor in that 2hr parking limit guys. That doesn't make cook outs to practicle.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Dusty2 wrote:Remember to factor in that 2hr parking limit guys. That doesn't make cook outs to practicle.
How anal are they on enforcement? Can you move a few spaces and you're good?

We cooked and Hung out last dive with a half dozen folks and it wasn't't a problem.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:Remember to factor in that 2hr parking limit guys. That doesn't make cook outs to practicle.
How anal are they on enforcement? Can you move a few spaces and you're good?

We cooked and Hung out last dive with a half dozen folks and it wasn't't a problem.
I can't make any promises because I don't really know. On weekends they are pretty strict but during the week they might not even patrol it. It is done by voluntiers so I don't think they even know. there are spots that don't have that limit but you might have a bit of a walk but you can offload your stuff over at the park and the go park then it should be ok.

I'll scout around today and see which spots are limited and which are not.
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

I have buns and a half full contaner of smoked bacon mustered
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

RoxnDox wrote:
Well we could just call ya Sharkbait instead of Jessy, Jessie, Jeszy, Jezzy, Chesty, or whatever...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266543/quotes?qt=qt0397041

:angelblue: :supz:

Jim

Oooo ha ha!!

There's also a hot dog stand right nearby that's an easy walk. That might be easier...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Yep and they have awesome polish sausages!
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Tom Nic wrote:Does our own Bassman have a small grill? Methinks yes, but I am not sure.

That is if we can get off feeding Scoobers to the sharks and get back to planning this amazing dive day!! :smt064
Sharks have to eat too its only fair if there are millions of sharks being finned if they get a person every once in a while. Much like a sacrifice to the shark gods :burntchef: sorry scoobers your up may the force be with you. Have fun and be safe we are going to need a bigger boat :angelblue:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

eliseaboo wrote:
Oooo ha ha!!

There's also a hot dog stand right nearby that's an easy walk. That might be easier...

I vote for the hot dog stand!

I have no grill.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I checked out the area today around 3pm and parking was pretty slim but I sat and watched and there were cars in and out constantly. The small lot accross from the maritime center that people were using is blocked off now. and there is no parking along that back street along the marina. There are about 6 to ten spots in front of the marina that are not posted 2 hr limit and a block up the hill on Monroe st it becomes open time wise but limited to the west side of the street(facing downhill) there is also parking in front of the Stadium on Washington st. Best bet if you don't see something in front of the park is to pull down by the picknic tables dump your stuff and go find a spot.

I walked out to the end of the jetty and the viz isn't spectacular but it's not all that bad. There are tons of fingerling salmon up close to the surface. and the water birds are very active. While I was there the otter family came out to play for awhile, all five of them. Moma and two kits, dig brother and Daddy. So much fun to watch.

There is plenty of time between slacks and lots of places to get food and such, both within walking distance and further away.
Last edited by Dusty2 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

pogiguy05 wrote: Doing better but still leaking fluid as disgusting as that sounds. I think it is my over doing my manly duties. :pirate: only been 2 1/2 weeks but doc said I can dive the DATC event July 20-21st. I have dived every year so far and I am not going to miss this one. :calvin:
Woohoo! :joshsmith: :supz: :partydance:

Valerie
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

bucknaked wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:Does our own Bassman have a small grill? Methinks yes, but I am not sure.

Sharks have to eat too its only fair if there are millions of sharks being finned if they get a person every once in a while. Much like a sacrifice to the shark gods :burntchef: sorry scoobers your up may the force be with you. Have fun and be safe we are going to need a bigger boat :angelblue:
I need to go on record, if I get eaten by a shark surfing this weekend I am holding you all responsible for bringing it up. Yes, Bucknaked I will give you the three bottles I found so far. Tom, you can have my strobes. And Keith, I will give you the scarf my grandmother gave me that says "Jessy" on it. Jeff, my tanks. Zack my gopro housing. Hmmmm, I feel like I am forgetting someone. Oh well you all can figure it out when I am scuba diving in Heaven!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:rofl: