New buoy at Mukilteo

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
fnerg
Dive-aholic

New buoy at Mukilteo

Post by fnerg »

As part of a tech diving class, I got to help DiveZen, Jon and Guillaume install a new buoy at Mukilteo today. It's on the concrete block at 130' near the radar dish and the man. The plan we cooked up went off without a hitch, and the new buoy is now attached with a 20' loop of chain to the existing midwater buoy. This was also my first time seeing the man, so... um... I guess that happened.

Anyway, it was a ton of fun, and thanks to DiveZen for getting the new buoy and the hardware to attach it in the first place!
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Re: New buoy at Mukilteo

Post by oldsalt »

Thanks. You beat me to it.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Very cool!! Well done John, Jon, Guillaume and Josh!

:supz:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

We did a dive there tonight and did not see a surface buoy ? so that still needs to be fixed I take it..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
DiveZen
Frequent Bubbler

Post by DiveZen »

Well that's odd. We didn't find / recreate the dive flag buoy. We used a yellow A5 buoy like at cove 2. The chain running from that buoy is shackled to the chain from the underwater float (with slack for high tide of course).

No buoy?
DiveZen
Frequent Bubbler

Post by DiveZen »

Just pinged a dive instructor teaching a class today at Mukilteo, he sees it floating out there.

Maybe the +5 feet we added from yesterday's high isn't quite enough for super high tide (we shackled below the old float remnants).

Love feedback if it needs to be further slackened.

Cheers,
John
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Post by HakkTW »

Yes, I was out last night with H2O Doc...pretty high tide. The up line from the boat was taught, Mateo and I figured there was a secondary bouy. I would say the line to the new buoy needs a little more slack.

Thanks for fixing that.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

fnerg wrote:...I got to help... install a new buoy at Mukilteo today...
Was the installation pre-approved by Washington State Underwater Professionals (WaSUP)?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

:lol:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

mz53480 wrote:
fnerg wrote:...I got to help... install a new buoy at Mukilteo today...
Was the installation pre-approved by Washington State Underwater Professionals (WaSUP)?
Oh.....oh, wow. I love that.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

As dark as it was last night I could barely make out the crab pot buoys that were there. It might have been on the surface but just too hard to see.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!