Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
LCF wrote:I thought the fact that you were currently in the drunk tank in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with a tattoo you don't remember getting, wasn't public knowledge?

Koos, I need to have you over to my house for pizza. You'd like mine. I'm anti-overcheesing, too.
Firstly, that was, like, at least 3 days ago, Lynne.
Secondly, that was Puerto Rico? Are you sure?
Yep, because you made bail, while I'm still scratching my new tattoo in a San Juan clink.
The last thing I remember was getting on that corporate jet with that epileptic Belgian contortionist in Osaka.....we'd been licking toads and eating raw puffer fish all day with those Yakuza enforcers at the strip club.....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Norris wrote:
spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
LCF wrote:I thought the fact that you were currently in the drunk tank in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with a tattoo you don't remember getting, wasn't public knowledge?

Koos, I need to have you over to my house for pizza. You'd like mine. I'm anti-overcheesing, too.
Firstly, that was, like, at least 3 days ago, Lynne.
Secondly, that was Puerto Rico? Are you sure?
Yep, because you made bail, while I'm still scratching my new tattoo in a San Juan clink.
The cool thing is you can still scratch while hand cuffed seeing that it is on your lower back. But with all the colors used with hello kitty tattoos I would be careful as you could mess it up.

Thats a lower-lower back tattoo.. and them whiskers on hello kitty is 'el naturelle

never was sure what was the fascination with the phrase "Hola Conchita!!" when referring to Josh's lower-lower back.. espcially right after a good toad licken..
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

yessir!! me be a communist lawn bogarting Sa'frican with an apprehension for animal stomach fluids in my dairy products.. I.e cheese..

and an affinity for Hello Kitty...
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

kdupreez wrote:yessir!! me be a communist lawn bogarting Sa'frican with an apprehension for animal stomach fluids in my dairy products.. I.e cheese..

Ah-HA!!!! So....you admit it all, then? :stick:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

A person leaves for a few days... Wow.

I love NWDC! :luv:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

John Rawlings wrote:
kdupreez wrote:yessir!! me be a communist lawn bogarting Sa'frican with an apprehension for animal stomach fluids in my dairy products.. I.e cheese..

Ah-HA!!!! So....you admit it all, then? :stick:

Look, SQUIRREL!!!!!!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

So I did a clay wall dive last night and we ended up at the knot directly following.

It is much larger and you have to wait at a hostess desk to be seated in the bar. We were completely ignored for close to 5 minutes without so much as an acknowledgement. Finally we were seated in the bar and it seems that all the wait staff is new.
We were sat with a waitress with light colored hair and all the trendy tattoos were present i.e. tramp stamp, random arm tattoos and wearing a tank top to assure they were seen.
The music was pop music, country, and an occasional classic rock. The entire Knot feeling was missing and the service was HORRIBLE. On more than one occasion I had to chase the waitress down to remind her that we ordered another pitcher. The food came at all different times. We had to chase her down again to ask for our checks so that we could leave. It was just CRAP.
One of the fun parts about diving the muck was going to the Knot, and I have spent MANY a Wed evening there. We will be securing a new suds sight after last night.
I MAY give that place another try, assuming that it was just a bad waitress experience, but at first glance I am not impressed.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I recommend Shawn O'Donnell's.

The Lodge has pretty crappy service too.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Jeremy wrote:
Norris wrote:mmmmmm cheeeeeeeeeeeese

Their stone cooked sandwiches are really pretty damn great too, and HAVE to love a place that encourages throwing peanut shells on the floor.
A waitress there was telling me that some people undercook their meats on the stones..mainly worried about pork.

Although I saw the temp recommendations for pork were recently lowered. Thank goodness, nothing destroys a nice cut like overlooking it.
I don't know about you but I never and I mean NEVER OVERLOOK any of my food. :partydance:
Jeff Castor
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Well, I once came up to a table that had a perfectly cooked prime rib, a fresh roasted ham, gleaming BBQ ribs...but I overlooked all of that and reached for the toothpicks of spam cubes.

Never again!!!
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

We had lunch at the Knot on Monday to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversery. Our experience was completely different from Rick's. Other than that they were out of the beer I ordered, it couldn't have been better. I accepted the beer recommendation from the waitress, one which I never would have chosen on my own, and it was delightful. We left overfed and happy.
-Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Jeremy wrote:I recommend Shawn O'Donnell's.

The Lodge has pretty crappy service too.
Mukilteo Lodge?

I haven't had that experience on a regular basis personally. We used to head there with friends probably once a week and really enjoyed the bar area and they have an awesome happy hour.

Too bad there was a bad impression of the new knot... haven't been back yet since the re-open, but hopefully we'll get down there soon.
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer