Intro

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
rxb9677
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Intro

Post by rxb9677 »

Hi,
Getting back into it after a couple year hiatus,
Just got all the gear gone thru in the shop (Tacoma Scuba, they are great)
will be trying to do some "Shakedown dives" in the Les Davis, Titlow Beach area to work the kinks out --
after that will be trying to get some regular diving going in the Tacoma area -- after work, etc -- and will be needing a buddy (or buddies) to keep it safe!

Have NAUI Advanced Diver Cert and currently do wet suit diving -- hoping to work up to the dry suit some day (to keep these old bones a bit warmer)
Glad to find a good forum to share on
Thanks
Russ
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Intro

Post by Norris »

Russ,
Welcome to the group, rest assured that you will find no shortage of people willing to dive with ya in your area.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Yeah. Like me.

Welcome to the board and I'm sure we'll splash together soon.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Welcome to the nut house, Russ :)

If you ever come more north, feel free to drop by on wednesday evenings at Cove2!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

hello and welcome
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Welcome Russ! We're in Puyallup so we dive the south end a lot. Well, my wife and daughter do; I'm out of commission at the moment due to major neck/spine surgery, but I SHALL dive again. There's no shortage of dive buddies here, and this is one of the best groups I've ever had the privilege to be part of. I think you're gonna love it here.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Check out the Thursday night crew. They are always open to new people in the south sound.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Russ, welcome. We are diving this Thursday at redondo (I believe). Check out our thread on the planning forum. We should be nailing down the meet/splash times soon.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Hello and welcome not only to the board, but to the group of diverse divers you can think of in the PNW. I am one of the south sound divers, usually Thursdays. Three Tree(burien), Redondo,Les Davis, and if currents permit Day Island Wall, Sunrise, Fox Island. As someone has already mentioned keep your eye on the dive planning section.

What are your time limits of AFTER work? Usually we meet around 5pm(ISH) on Thursday's
Jeff Castor