please watch for this gear

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

please watch for this gear

Post by Emilyrc »

I was taking the AOW with my daughter today, Sunday, 4-21-13 at Redondo Beach Pier in Des Moines, WA.Stolen at aprox 1:30 PM today:Medium Zeagle Ranger BCD w/ a dive alert plus attached, 2 yellow weight pockets and 18lbs of weightSubgear Cayman regs serial #1080401857, Oceanic octo serial #05149535 and 3 gauge console w/ Subgear XP-10 computerCanister light (a Dusty's light), Oceanic mask, clear w/ blue boarder around lens and they even got 1 glove.1 steel 80 tank from Seven Seas ScubaI will update with further information as needed. If you see anything matching these items please contact me @ 360-518-1308 or reply to this add to send me the information NO QUESTIONS ASKED.Thank you,Darren

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/3758272847.html

Some jackass stole this guys gear from Redondo.. if you see it, please call the number in the ad. He needs his gear back. (Posted with permission from Darren)
Seven Seas Scuba
Just Settling In

Re: please watch for this gear

Post by Seven Seas Scuba »

We had posted about this gear a few hours after the theft on Sunday in the gear forum. We've since updated that post as the stolen gear has been recovered and the thieves caught earlier today thanks to the Federal Way Underwater Sports crew! Two guys came in with the gear (still all assembled mind you) wanting to sell it. David recognized the gear immediately, stalled, and called the poice. The two were arrested and the gear is being returned to Darren. We are so thankful to be a part of an awesome dive community!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

That is awesome! Those theives are total assholes and I hope they step in dog shit constantly for the rest of their lives.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Seven Seas Scuba wrote:\Two guys came in with the gear (still all assembled mind you) wanting to sell it. David recognized the gear immediately, stalled, and called the poice. The two were arrested and the gear is being returned to Darren. We are so thankful to be a part of an awesome dive community!
This made me facepalm so hard...I mean, really??? Not that I'm upset they were caught of course, but sometimes I really can't believe how stupid people can be...
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

This makes me happy... I hate dive gear thieves...
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Now, hopefully they will actually get their just desserts and not just a week in juvi-hall!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/