SHARKNADO!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
spatman
I've Got Gills

SHARKNADO!

Post by spatman »

phpBB [video]
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: SHARKNADO!

Post by John Rawlings »

WTF???? Everytime I think that Hollywood has reached the absolute lower depths of complete and utter nonsense something like this comes out and proves me wrong....
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

TOTALLY WATCHING THAT

movie quote from trailer "We are going to need a bigger chopper"
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

John Rawlings wrote:WTF???? Everytime I think that Hollywood has reached the absolute lower depths of complete and utter nonsense something like this comes out and proves me wrong....
I wouldn't call this Hollywood. SyFy Chanel movies are filmed in Josh's backyard and special effects are done by H2Odoc.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

spatman wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:WTF???? Everytime I think that Hollywood has reached the absolute lower depths of complete and utter nonsense something like this comes out and proves me wrong....
I wouldn't call this Hollywood. SyFy Chanel movies are filmed in Josh's backyard and special effects are done by H2Odoc.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah Syfy is getting so fun with the types of movies that have been playing!

Sharktopus
Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus
etc
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Syfy is definitely not Hollywood, eh! And remember, they're known for really good series ( although it was amazing how many planets with stargates had British Columbia's forests and climate :-)) and laughably horrific ludicrous movies...

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Not any more, they're not. After they wrecked my landscaping during the filming of "2 headed HIV infected Chimpanzee Ninja strippers vs Fire Breathing infected blob of medical waste" and never paid me a dime. And cut all my best lines out.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Just watched it. It's right up there with shawshank, resevior dogs, godfather, and other greats.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Scubie Doo wrote:Just watched it. It's right up there with shawshank, resevior dogs, godfather, and other greats.
Once in a lifetime. ..if you are lucky....you might get to see a film as great as this one. SHARKNADO will leave a permanent stamp on every catastrophic-weather-related-shark/and/or other dangerous-marine-life apocalyptic-cationary tale-starring Tara Reid from here on. The bar has been raised.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

also best watched with a good thick one rolled with washington's now legal finest..
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I've decided that this movie, and copious amounts of booze will be my Bday movie tomorrow.

Well... that and Man of Steel in the Alcohol server VIP theatre tonight.

D
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

These people can't be f%$#ing serious with this movie.... Well, they probably aren't! But this looks so bad that it will go beyond the "so bad it's good" category of movies and fall right into the "so bad...no really, it's ACTUALLY terrible" category.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mortuus wrote:These people can't be f%$#ing serious with this movie.... Well, they probably aren't! But this looks so bad that it will go beyond the "so bad it's good" category of movies and fall right into the "so bad...no really, it's ACTUALLY terrible" category.
These movies are intentionally campy and over the top.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

spatman wrote:
Mortuus wrote:These people can't be f%$#ing serious with this movie.... Well, they probably aren't! But this looks so bad that it will go beyond the "so bad it's good" category of movies and fall right into the "so bad...no really, it's ACTUALLY terrible" category.
Yes. That's why I said, "Well, they probably aren't [serious]." It still looks just awful =/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Mortuus wrote:
spatman wrote:
Yes. That's why I said, "Well, they probably aren't [serious]." It still looks just awful =/
Nonsense! It will sweep the Golden Globes, the Oscars, and hell, even the Tonys, because awesome of this magnitude cannot be contained!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mortuus wrote:
spatman wrote:
I love the campy horror/scifi genre, and I'm really glad the SyFy channel is keeping it alive.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Pacific Rim on a smaller budget.

Loved PR & will no doubt enjoy this as well!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Tom, IMDB Atlantic Rim.

D
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

spatman wrote:
Hey , i got paid a Lot of money to CGI sharks eating poor stupid movie actors, running around not knowing how to escape a shark on dry land... I mean really it was hard work , and many hours of digitizing
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Jason Statham would only have needed but his bare hands and a car to finish off all them sharks.
Jeff Castor