Dusty's Light

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
msmith80
Just Settling In

Dusty's Light

Post by msmith80 »

After being out of the water a while i FINALLY decided to get back in. Well... in one day i proceeded to flood all of my UK lights. After tossing the idea back and forth and seeing ALL the excelent reviews on here, I contacted Dusty2 for one of his "almost world famous" canister lights. Met up last friday to pick up and hit the water there shortly after.

Got to Redondo and dropped on the deep line, paused and kicked the switch to high......... HOLY CRAP THIS IS BRIGHT!
Ran the light through HI, MED ,LOW, STROBE and SOS to check function and kicked it back to high and away we went. that thing cut through the cloud like a knife. Side by side with a Big Blue 1800 it had a more focused beam. Dove it 3 times this last weekend even helping provide some more light for my buddy and his go pro and im still amazed how bright and user friendly it is.

Needless to say if I or ANYONE i know need another or a new light im sending them to Dusty!

Thanks for making such a user friendly (rechargable) and reliable light for the price!!!!

:supz:
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: Dusty's Light

Post by fmerkel »

That's certainly true. My wife and I had been using UK 400R's (some converted from alkaline) for over a decade. The HID's were simply too expensive and too fragile for my tastes. I had a drawer full of light canon discards from buddies tired of replacing bulbs and ballasts. Then the Dusty light came along and we finally moved on. Works great, well built with obvious pride in manufacturing.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

LOVE my Dusty Light!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I need/want one
K
"Let's go diving!"
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Scubak wrote:I need/want one
K
:dontknow:
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

My wife was using an Intova Super Nova side by side with my clunky old light, and we finally got me a new one. I went with a Dusty's Light because I know the maker and the quality of his workmanship. He's also just a really great guy.

Within a couple of months, we were saving to get her one, too. Suddenly her Intova was inferior and she had to have the Dusty's. Now we both use them and thoroughly love them. You can't go wrong getting one (or more).
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

+1

I've seen a few dusty lights now in fundies classes and I can concur they are damn bright and good solid construction!

if someone is looking for an awesome light on a budget, this is it!!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
dwinslow1
Avid Diver

Post by dwinslow1 »

I love my Dusty light, Have had it on 100+ dive and it never disappoints !!!!!
Don W.
g&d0221
Just Settling In

Post by g&d0221 »

I love my dusty light it is amazing, now i have to buy the wife one....
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

I bought a can light about 3 years ago from a different local supplier (not the Doctor). Failed after about 250 dives due to really cheap parts used in the production. Was waiting for it to die so I could replace it with a Dusty's light. Now my light is as good as my wife's (she has had a Dusty's light for over a year). Nice rugged light.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Got about 100+ dives on my Dusty and still going strong. I can still get 2 dives on high ( 3rd dive it dies about half way through), to me that's great performance for the battery size. I've taken it to 'The Man', and no issues.

Since my wife has started to dive, is now wanting a better light, and wants a Dusty, so we are planning on getting one for her around the end of Sept.

I've never had any issues with the batteries, but I do plan on getting an extra, must because.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

+1 to all the other Kudo's, I've got about 150 dives on mine and love it!!! Highly recommend it to anyone on a budget and looking for a superior light!!!
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

mpspringer
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mpspringer »

+1000

Dusty's Light is nothing short of fantastic. The construction, functionality and durability is top tier. Its fun to see other divers reaction on how bright it is. I hear this alot,.. "That's the best light I've seen, where can I buy this at?"