I saw a shark at Redondo, but...

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
NollyG
Just Settling In

I saw a shark at Redondo, but...

Post by NollyG »

The shark was not a six gill. Just a dogfish, although for me a dogfish is still a very cool sighting! And yes, they are a shark. Anyway, this video is, a night dive, in less than stellar viz, from earlier this year (summer actually), but it took me awhile to get it edited and posted. Been busy. Long story, but the short version is that I recently accepted a job that has me moving to La Paz, Mexico in about a 2 weeks.

phpBB [video]

I definitely don't want to leave the PNW, but the job means a lot of diving in the Sea of Cortez, and I've been told, around the world! Couldn't pass it up! I've still got a lot of video to post from Washington and Canada, and I will definitely post videos from south of the border, so you haven't seen the last of me!

I know I haven't had the opportunity to meet a lot of you, but I really enjoyed reading the posts over the years, and...hey...I plan on being sort of a reverse dive vacationer. I get 2 weeks paid vacation every quarter, and I plan on coming back up here as much as I can to get in our cold, emerald waters whenever I can.

Haste pronto, amigos y amigas!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: I saw a shark at Redondo, but...

Post by Dusty2 »

Good luck in your new venture. It sounds like a real bummer having to dive in those warm clear waters. :smt064

Just watch out for those mexican mafia types. They don't play nice.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, the Sea of Cortez is WONDERFUL! Can't wait to see your videos from there.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Very cool! And congratulations on your new venture!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Very cool video. I actually used it to show my non-diving friends who always ask "what do you see when you go diving around here" the cast of characters at local shore dive sites.
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Great video!

Good luck on the move and enjoy the warm water. :-)
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

The video was so good I had to watch some of your other videos. I will be following your video's on Vimeo. Thanks for posting this for us all to see and good luck down in the Sea of Cortez.

Dave