Deception Pass on October 25, 2013

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Deception Pass on October 25, 2013

Post by Paladin4Christ »

phpBB [video]

Paul Senness, Jan K and I hit "The Pass" on Friday's "slack" around 8:50, for a 50 minute dive! I put the quotes around "slack" because we had to fin into The Pass, against current and when it changed, we had to fin out.

Just as we were entering the water, a tug pulling a barge went through! It was pretty cool to see how the Captain maneuvered under the bridge.

I am still learning how to use my new light and any suggestions are welcome. I already figured out I need to turn off my primary dive light on the soft goodman handle while filming since, the beam "confuses" the camera and it wants to focus on it, instead of what I would like it to focus on.

All in all, the several Red Irish Lords made up for a sporty dive.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: Deception Pass on October 25, 2013

Post by Jan K »

Well, sometimes the currents play a trick on us. Too bad they are closing the access to the shore for winter.
It was nice to dive with you guys again.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I had a very enjoyable dive there today with the back eddy current kicking up in the last 5 min of our exit. One of the calmest smoothest dives I've had there yet though! :)

That will be it for me at D-Pass until next year.

We have had a remarkable number of dive windows there this fall!
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Post by Paladin4Christ »

Yeah, it is kind of sad that this was it for the year!

Too bad we can't work something out with the parks to give us the key to the lock... :pirate:

Yeah I know...pipe dream.