Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 11/6/2013

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 11/6/2013

Post by Bex »

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW), otherwise known as the weekly Tweak Dive on Wednesday, Nov 6th. Last weekend of class is this coming weekend so there will be lots of folks continuing to sharpen their skills. Come on out to help them out, sharpen your own skills or learn something new!!!

For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there this week for the second dive at 6pm, look for the Red Dodge Truck w/Canopy. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Re: Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 11/6/2013

Post by dewmercer »

In. See y'all there. Anybody wanna scoot?
--
DAve Mercer
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Post by dewmercer »

In. See y'all there. Anybody wanna scoot?
--
DAve Mercer
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Post by dewmercer »

In. Anybody wanna scoot?
--
DAve Mercer
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Post by dewmercer »

In. Anybody wanna scoot?
--
DAve Mercer
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think we know you'll be there now, DAve.

We'll think of y'all while hoisting a brew at the HOG party at DEMA, in 80 degree weather :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'm IN!!! for 1 through 3

Looks like all 4 of DAve's personalities will be there too!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

kdupreez wrote: Looks like all 4 of DAve's personalities will be there too!
And they all want to scoot !
Goldfish
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Goldfish »

Hello,
My name is wes and I just moved from tacoma to seattle I would like to come but I need a partner
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

Goldfish wrote:Hello,
My name is wes and I just moved from tacoma to seattle I would like to come but I need a partner
Just let folks know you are coming and you will be paired up with experienced buddy.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Goldfish wrote:Hello,

Hello Wes!

Welcome to West Seattle! :)

What time are you planning on being there and how will we spot you?
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
dreselly
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by dreselly »

I'll be there at 4 for the first dive. At 6:30pm the Seattle Aquarium and partners are hosting a number of talks on Marine Science and Education: http://www.seattleaquarium.org/upcoming ... 2f6%2f2013
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Mercer, I could be talked into scootering. I'm toting my Cuda home with me so that it's available through the winter since I'll be around so much. :) Anyone else want to scoot that night?

I think I already have a buddy lined up for dive one, so I'd be in for a scootering dive two and of course "dive 3" up at the Matador. :)

Laurynn
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

dreselly wrote:I'll be there at 4 for the first dive. At 6:30pm the Seattle Aquarium and partners are hosting a number of talks on Marine Science and Education: http://www.seattleaquarium.org/upcoming ... 2f6%2f2013
I doubt you'll be able to make it to aquarium on time. Usually first dive happens at 4:30 at the very best, more likely at 5:00. Say 45 minutes dive time, about half an hour for pre/post dive, about 15-30 minutes to change. This puts you around 6:00-6:15. And then you need to navigate rush hour traffic to get to aquarium.
Anderthal
Just Settling In

Post by Anderthal »

I'm in for dive 1 and will need a buddy. Should I just mingle beforehand to find someone? I have participated in a WWW a few weeks ago and have approx 25 dives at Cove 2 (73 overall). My style is slow and critter-focused with camera....at least I try to get things in focus.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Yeah, just stop on by and we'll be the people in drysuits :)

what time are you planning on being there and what kinda car do you drive?
Anderthal
Just Settling In

Post by Anderthal »

Hi Koos -- I sent you a PM too. I'll arrive at 4pm and am driving a gold Honda Element. See you soon!