Wacky Wednesday West – 02/26/14

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West – 02/26/14

Post by Bex »

Who wants to dive Wednesday!?! It's time for another wed night dive - please drop us a line if you need a buddy or any equipment and we will be make sure you are set up!!!

For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash (attendance tends to be low for the first dive in the winter months so be sure to post here and confirm a buddy before you show up)
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there for the second dive at 6pm, look for the Red Dodge Truck w/Canopy. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
archisgore
Aquaphile

Re: Wacky Wednesday West – 02/26/14

Post by archisgore »

I'm in for Dive 2. Anyone wants to go bottle hunting with me?
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'm finally again onboard for a WWW!

I'll be on the CCR again logging hours, so feel free to come and buddy up on my death machine!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

thats kitty litter carrying death machine, you dolt :)
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

this death machine does not carry the kitty litter.. the kitty litter carries it.. :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

I will be there!
AJS
Just Settling In

Post by AJS »

Anyone up for Dive 1? Can't do #2 or #3, but might do #1 and would like a buddy/group.
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Bex »

Alex and I are both in for dive #2 & 3, unfortunately we can't get there in time for 1.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

AJS - I could do an earlier dive than Dive 2. Not strictly Dive 1, but I could be ready to dive at 5pm. You can text/call me at 425-894-5858, or PM me. We can try to make something work.
AJS
Just Settling In

Post by AJS »

Archisgore, thanks but something came up at work today and I won't be able to make even the earlier dive, which sucks. Thanks for the invite - next week maybe?
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Sure. Or just hit me up on the weekend or whenever. I usually hate diving, but I'll make an exception. :-D
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Ugh.. unfortunately impeding work travel schedule has be stuck at the office..

I'm out tonight :(
DSander
Getting To Know Folks

Post by DSander »

Planning on dive 1 if work and traffic cooperate, otherwise dive 2.
Erik.Elzinga
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Erik.Elzinga »

I am highly likely for Dive 2. Hope to find a buddy
Erik