GPO on Eggs at TTN

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

GPO on Eggs at TTN

Post by johndo88 »

Shot this video at TTN on February 14th, GPO tending to her eggs. Shot in HD, 33 seconds long.

https://vimeo.com/120425763
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: GPO on Eggs at TTN

Post by Dusty2 »

Wonderful news!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great video and nice looking eggs!

Is this on one of the boats? Kind of looks like the bottom of the cruiser...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Tom. WOW. You figured out the location from that video. The video was shot at the bow of the boat that is north of the entry point.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

johndo88 wrote:Tom. WOW. You figured out the location from that video. The video was shot at the bow of the boat that is north of the entry point.
Ha ha! After 300 + dives there I SHOULD recognize that thing! :) :tomnic:

And there aren't really many other options for a good, protected GPO den at TTN than under one of the boats. I would have guessed the cabin cruiser, and I've seen GPO's at both boats, but anywhere they can dig in and have 3 sides protected it would be good.

I've never seen a den in a tire pile, though I've seen plenty of GPO's in them.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Seems like there is a cement block on the way back from the cabin cruiser that often serves as a den. Usually around 30-40 fsw I think.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

We saw this GPO last week and it is under the downslope end of the golf ball boat. There's a second GPO under the other end.
John Hall & I saw a GPO on eggs in one of the deeper tire piles straight out from the entry a year or two ago. Also saw 4 Decorated Warbonnets in close proximity to each other and to that GPO. It was a very cool dive.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option