Mukilteo t-dock line gone

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Mukilteo t-dock line gone

Post by Rockfish »

I went diving at the t-dock today. Our plan was to swim out from the end of the dock and drop in about 70 FSW find the log with the line on it and follow it out to the troll on top of the mound. I was surprised to find that the line had been cut at the log. So now a dive that you could do at 100 - 110 FSW has to be deeper. I wonder who cut the line and why? It was sure nice to be able to follow that line out to the troll. Guess we'll have to put in a new line.

Thanks,

Mike
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

My guess is it wasn't cut but snagged by the crab pots being dropped all over out there.

Good to know what it ends up at, we followed it for a while a month or so ago and turned things at the hill after the gully that goes pretty deep.
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

Is there still a small buoy out from shore at the T-Docks? There used to be one on a line that dropped straight down to 120 fsw where it was attached to a small boat.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

The line was cut at the tie off at the log. It looked like it was deliberately cut.

Yes the bouy is still there that goes down to the boat. It is not always visible at high tide due to the amount of marine growth on the line.