Brand new drysuit for sale

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Brand new drysuit for sale

Post by Blaiz »

I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that my gimpy ankle is not going to allow me to get back into the water any time soon.

A shame really, since I bought a drysuit not long before they tried to fix the ankle. The fix didn't take well, and I need some cash, so I will be selling my new suit.

It's never been in the water; still has tags on it.

Asking $1,300. Paid close to $1,800.

Contact me text or phone at 360-632-6647

Can also email or message me.
Attachments
166.jpg
165.jpg
164.jpg
163.jpg
162.jpg
161.jpg
160.jpg
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Brand new drysuit for sale

Post by Scubak »

Give me some sizes and measurements...
And a price...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Nooooo!!!!! :(
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Noooooooooooooo blaiz... i miss you , and our fun dives on whidbey , and you coming over here to dive edmonds , and mukilteo ..... Dont Leave us, your breaking my heart right now
224429_1865841365381_221608_n.jpg
IMG_0616.JPG
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Don't worry guys, I have no intention of being out of the water forever; I still have my other suit, leaky though it may be! But at this point, it looks like I will need an ankle replacement or fusion before I can do nifty things like carry weights and propel flippers.

Scubak, I'm not a small person, but the DUI size charts are quite varied, and it's been long enough that I don't recall exactly what I bought. I strongly suspect it's an LS size according to http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/size_chart.pdf . And $1,300 is the price I mentioned. :)
The student was ready.

ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Have you gotten second option or two on your ankle? Fusion and/or replacement is a bit of a big deal. I used to work with some really good orthopedic surgeons that specialize in post trauma and complex foot/ankle issues and would be happy to give you their names (though chances are you've already seen em) One at Swedish, two in the UW/HMC system.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

A very valid question, Laura. Last spring Dr Cherie Johnson did a surgery with the gastrocnemius resection, if I recall the big words correctly. She also took some tendon and crafted me some new ligaments to reattach that side of my foot back onto the leg, and while she was in there she also did some roto-rooter work on the ankle joint proper.

The reattachment works perfectly well, but the joint itself already has major recurrence of osteoarthritis. She offered to go in and reclean the joint, do a fusion, or do a replacement. I could do a cleanout, but if I'm going to do that every year, with 12 week recovery each time.... I've done half a dozen steroid injections in the past few months, but while it's helping the swelling and pain, the injections don't seem to be helping the problem.

And then I lost my job a few weeks ago, and now I'm strapped for cash, so between my gimpy paw and my hurty bank account, I'll try to sell my drysuit :)
The student was ready.

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Oof. I am so very sorry!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

I'm trying very hard to be sad about losing my job, Penelope, but in reality, I feel more like your avatar gif . It was getting pretty soul-sucking. Maybe H20doc will take me on as an apprentice and I can learn a new trade!
The student was ready.

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Well, then, it's FUNemployment! :)

I hope you find something wonderful and less soul sucking. And get less owie in the process!