3 Tree last night (Aug 6, 2007)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

3 Tree last night (Aug 6, 2007)

Post by Zen Diver »

Had two wonderful dives with Jackie last night, amazing viz (30 feet plus), flat water, beautiful evening and no other divers around. We saw a gazillion rat fish, said hello to the wolfies, found a grunt sculpin and staghorn sculpin, two lone alabaster nudis, dozens of brown rockfish just hanging in the water column, a teeny mosshead warbonnet, a very cool shrimp I'm still debating on, a Red Irish Lord and the other usual suspects. Incredibly relaxing and the water was warm too! Can't ask for much more.

Thanks Jackie!

More pix are here:
http://jellyfish.smugmug.com/gallery/32 ... #181531526

-Valerie
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Very nice - very unusual setting for the Grunt Sculpin. The Buffalo sculpin is smiling while the rockfish doesn't look too happy, great shot. Jackie doesn't use regulator underwater anymore? How are the gills working? :)The whole set of pics shows that you did have fun. :supz:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Jan K wrote:Jackie doesn't use regulator underwater anymore? How are the gills working? :supz:
Nope, she was inspired by your cartoons, saying if Jan doesn't need a reg neither does she :prayer:

And yes, we did have fun :partyman:

-Valerie
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

awesome grunt sculpin shot. looks like nice vis!!!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

It was incredible. Such a rare treat to actually see the lay of the land, so to speak, and see from structure to structure instead of bumping into things.

-Valerie
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

Terrific shots, Valerie! It was truly an amazing evening of diving....viz was clearly exceeding normal to help us celebrate our 285th and 286th dive together!

And Jan....you are correct...I have given up regulators. Still perfecting the gill thing, but I am getting better at it. And Valerie was correct - I am inspired by your art to be regulatorless!

Thanks, Valerie!

Jackie