Looking For A Snorkel/Free Diving Dive Buddy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Charles1910
Just Settling In

Looking For A Snorkel/Free Diving Dive Buddy

Post by Charles1910 »

Alki picture 2.jpg
I am a senior snorkel diver looking for a dive buddy. Diving hangouts are Edmonds Underwater Park, Alki Beach, Discovery Park Lighthouse. I'm interested in River Snorkeling too. I am not at an advanced level. Interested?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking For A Snorkel/Free Diving Dive Buddy

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
I don't think we have too many people on here who do just snorkelling. I know of some in BC and one person on Orcas Island who do. I can connect you if it would help.

I'd go snorkelling with Salmon, come salmon season here.

have fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

There is a local freediving group that has a mailing list on Yahoo Groups by the name of Bottomsounders. They have some fairly active members that free dive from time to time.

Mike
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

I've only snorkeled in Hawaii, but when I sold off my cold-water gear I did keep mask/snorkel/fins/weights. My plan is to try snorkeling here locally, using my kayak fishing drysuit. I can't take the weight of tanks and such anymore, but i still want to have my play time...

I've seen some fascinating Youtubes of river snorkeling :) And snorkeling for flounder would be fun, I bet.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I read this as "A snorkel free dive buddy", i.e. a dive buddy that does not use a snorkel.

My bad. Carry on.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman