Artificial reefs

General banter about diving and why we love it.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Artificial reefs

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Does anyone know who to contact about creating artificial reefs in the puget sound? Edmonds is such a nice park because of all the JUNK in it! I heard that mukilteo used to be like that, with lots of stuff sitting on the bottom. I would love to throw old stuff overboard at mukilteo to create more hiding places, but I don't know the laws, rules, ext. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Sheahan

P.S. Thanks for the insite on baiting!
Sea of Green

Re: Artificial reefs

Post by Sea of Green »

sheahanmcculla wrote:Does anyone know who to contact about creating artificial reefs in the puget sound? Edmonds is such a nice park because of all the JUNK in it! I heard that mukilteo used to be like that, with lots of stuff sitting on the bottom. I would love to throw old stuff overboard at mukilteo to create more hiding places, but I don't know the laws, rules, ext. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Sheahan

P.S. Thanks for the insite on baiting!
I would think Bruce Higgins would be the one to talk to about that. I don't know a lot about it, except that it's not as simple as "throwing old stuff overboard".
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

you might read this thread: Underwater features - placing them legally or not? - i don't remember the thread entirely, but there might be some interesting information for you there.
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets