5 years left to dive the EDMONDS Oil Dock?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

Nailer99 wrote:
Sea of Green wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:Tons of old debris from the years it was an active dock- pilings, rocks and bricks, tires....all with associated fish and critters. If you go out roughly perpindicular from the south end of the "T", drop down, and contour to the North, you'll hit tons of cool junk....old crab pots, etc, etc. I've been down to 130- 140 there, and it just keeps going.....John R told me he'd been to 200' there, and the debris field was STILL going! One of my favorite dives.
At what depth does the debris field start? For us non-techies, 140-200fsw isn't doable. 80-100fsw is my usual profile. I've mostly just hung around the pilings at the T because that's where most of the marine life is
If I recall correctly, you start running into interesting stuff around 80 fsw, but the best parts I remember are below 100. If you're not seeing anything much to look at, try contouring towards the North. I think you could have a fun dive there and keep it above 100....
Around the pilings at the T is always a great dive. I've ventured down the slope on the west side and have never found much. South end of the T I've found a few old tires, but still not as interesting as all the life around the pilings of the T.