August at Skyline

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

August at Skyline

Post by Sharkb8 »

After a few years of shooting with a video light, I FINALLY got a strobe (and ikelite ttl convertor) for my little TG6. I took it out to Skyline a couple weeks ago to test it out. I definitely need some work on strobe placement but the initial results are encouraging.

Party underwater
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: August at Skyline

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Love that second-to-last one especially!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Beautiful snaps!!!! I love them all but the red Irish lord is extra awesome 😻🐟🦊🐟🦊💖🐙🤿🖖📸🍭🦐
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

These shots are so AMAZING!! I love all the baby wolfies!! ❤️
coldfinger
Frequent Bubbler

Post by coldfinger »

Very nice, sharp, colorful, and well-composed. I'd be interested in what you conclude about video light(s) vs. strobe. I switched to video lights so I can shoot in burst mode (with a Sony A6000), which seems to get me at least 1 shot in a burst in focus. But I keep thinking I should try a strobe again and see what I get.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Nice... I should have a couple of dives here coming up soon with the winter visibility arriving
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Looking good! The colors really pop. Are you using a custom white balance or auto?
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

derekcs wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:12 am Looking good! The colors really pop. Are you using a custom white balance or auto?
I shoot in RAW with auto white balance and then correct in Lightroom. The strobe definitely helps with lighting and colors. I used to bump the saturation up a little when shooting fixed lights but now i actually have to go slightly negative sometimes to make it look realistic.
Party underwater