2nd Time Around

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Rebreather
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

2nd Time Around

Post by Rebreather »

Hi all and Happy New Year, My handle is Rebreather because at 74 I’m coming back to diving after almost 30 years away. In 2024 my wife and I are going to Egypt and Israel. I can’t pass up the opportunity, while in the neighborhood, to dive the Red Sea. In preparation I will be refreshing/advancing my skills in the Salish Sea. Got a great deal on a CXL450 used and I am having new booties put on since I’m a medium guy (5’7”) with a tall guy’s foot (11 1/2).
I expect to spend the next few months getting comfortable with my cool gear in the local pool and taking a dry suit and nitrox class. Since I teach skiing in the winter it probably won’t be until spring that I get active. It’s nice to know there’s a place I can turn to with questions.
Getting out should be easy since I look out my window and see the Edmonds underwater dive park.
Hope to get wet with some of you down the road.
Bob
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: 2nd Time Around

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome back! Wow, the red sea should be nice!! See ya in the sea!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!