Where to Live?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
pdxDiver
Just Settling In

Where to Live?

Post by pdxDiver »

I have an interesting question for the board. I am considering relocating to the Puget Sound area. I am trying to narrow my search down to areas that provide easy access to shore and boat diving spots.

I am not really interested in living in Seattle proper or the East side of Lake Washington. Commute time is not really an issue since I telecommute or travel by air when working with my clients. So from a diver's perspective, where should I look?
Last edited by pdxDiver on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well....that depends on where you want to dive, really. If you want to dive up North, ie, Mukilteo, the San Juans, or better yet, Canada- then I'd want to be up North, and vice- versa- there's a lot of good diving in the South Sound, and Hood Canal.....Traffic is enough of a problem up the I-5 corridor that Southies don't venture up North too often, and the other way around, too.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Re: Where to Live?

Post by thelawgoddess »

pdxDiver wrote:I am not really interested in living in Seattle proper on the East side of Lake Washington.
did you mean "or"? (i am assuming so since seattle is on the west side of the lake.) yeah; really you need to choose between north of seattle or south of seattle. south is closer to seatac if you're flying a lot, but if you don't care about the commute you have a huge number of options. for the boat diving, did you mean charters or do you have your own boat? (that might make a difference on where more specifically people might suggest as places to consider.) depends what else you want to be near, too!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets