diving this week

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

diving this week

Post by pogiguy05 »

OK last time I was diving was my Birthday July 20th and that is just to long. Anyone up to a dive or two this week??? I got Monday-Wednesday afternoon open.
Jeff Castor
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Tom Nic and I are diving at Hood canal,Sund Rock on Tuesday.
we will be there around 7:45 am
{I am making arrangements with Ron for the key}
Two maybe three dives down there.
Anyone is welcome to join us.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Thanks for the invite but that is much to early for me to get away. Afternoon is best. I got a caregiver working from 8am-6pm and I would also need to fill my tank with air.
Jeff Castor
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

I'm up for an evening or night dive either Thursday or Friday... Seacrest? Edmonds? Mukilteo? Richmond Beach?

Kirby-
Have gear will travel...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Tom and I had 3 awsome dives at Sund Rock on Tuesday!
It was a perfect dive day! Everything went well and we saw some great sea life .hopefully Tom will post some of his pics . We saw a "Huge!" Ling Cod , hanging out around the fishing troller. Tom even got some awsome video of it.
Vis was terrible between 15 and 30 feet, cleared up below 30 but was still dark. the thermocline was instantly noticable below 40 feet, 50 degrees at depth. But then when we finnished the Dive at 15 to 10 feet it felt like a warm blanket as the temp was around a balmy 57-60 degrees.
Hood canal Rocks!
:supz: :supz: :supz:

Thanks Tom! Your an awsome dive buddy! :salute:

more info... http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=2786
Last edited by BASSMAN on Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

OK so this week is kinds gone by and I dont have our caregiver until Sunday,Monday, Wednesday,Thursday next week.

OK here is a question. If you have you tank filled is it a good or bad thing if it sits for some time before use?? I assume that it would loose some pressure over time, but that is just aguess on my part.
Jeff Castor
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

pogiguy05 wrote:OK so this week is kinds gone by and I dont have our caregiver until Sunday,Monday, Wednesday,Thursday next week.

OK here is a question. If you have you tank filled is it a good or bad thing if it sits for some time before use?? I assume that it would loose some pressure over time, but that is just aguess on my part.
Some say it's bad in one kind of tank or another, and others say it's just fine. I, personally, think it's just fine. Most people just leave their tanks full until they go diving... ask anyone who has multiple (i.e. MANY!!!) tanks in their garage (CaptJack, Grateful Diver, RDW, etc). I have 10 steel tanks and 4 aluminum tanks which are all full in my garage unless I'm actively using them or they're at the shop waiting for fills.

If your tanks are losing pressure while being stored, you've got a problem and should have your dive shop examine them. They should NOT lose pressure over time.

Note: When you fill tanks they get warm, and will decrease in pressure as they cool (when you've stopped filling them). Once they've cooled to room temperature (whatever that is), they'll stay at that pressure.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I think a lot of that depends on what you mean by "some time" I'm guessing you're meaning weeks or even a couple of months. If that's it, go diving. \:D/

If it's been a few years, you're probably still OK as long as your tanks still full. They shouldn't leak at all, even in long term storage, though I would imagine eventually the o-rings and stuff would start to degrade and crack.

I've see some arguments about depleting the O2 content of the fill through oxidation in the tank over time. My own personal opinion on that is that it's B.S. There's also the issue of the belief that you're stressing the tanks long term by leaving them full. Cycling them is much worse than just leaving them full.

Jake
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

I just had this discussion with my trusted LDS owner.. According to him, the way to store tanks for extended period of time (ie several months to year) is nearly empty.. (ie 500 psi). Otherwise you risk metal fatigue inside the tank..
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"