Good Post-Dive Eats?!?!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I'll second the beach Cafe in Edmonds but Ivars at Mukilteo???? Food is average, we need a Spud's up there. Then I still miss Taylors landing and the Sea Horse clam chowder, ahhh memories....
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Aquanautchuck wrote:For me if I have time, its Akasaka Sushi exit 139 in Federal Way. The best Sushi I have ever had, and I have had a lot. The best Spider Rolls ever.

Gees, it's been a while since I have eaten there.

Hmmm ... I'll have to check this out ... I love good sushi.

But I'm a bit confused. There is no exit 139 in Federal Way. There's an exit 143 (S 320th) and exit 142 (Enchanted Pkwy, Rt. 18). The next exit south is Exit 137 (Fife).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
That may not be the right exit, all I know my body turns when is needs to and goes on automatic.

It is tucked back a bit and there is more parking in the rear. Sit at the bar for the most fun.
Charles
David K
Just Settling In

Post Dive Grub

Post by David K »

No Keystone Jetty dive is complete with out stopping by Toby's Tavern in Coupeville. The steamed Penn Cove mussels are to die for!

http://www.tobysuds.com/

David K
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

Here's an entry from my dive log when I was in Nanaimo August 2004. The exchange rate is outdated (we're on par with the Canadian dollar now) and the prices are probably higher now.
Excellent restaurant just a couple blocks away from OE's dive shop called The Nauticals Seafood Bar and Grill. I ordered poached basa fish with shrimp and hollandaise sauce, pilaf rice and veggies, washed down with a couple of beers. Excellent meal, reasonably priced. When I asked for my tab, the waitress came out holding a small towel by tweezers. What the *&^%$ is this? It was a hot, wet towel to wash my hands with! Now that's class! No tacky "handi-wipes" or using the table cloth! Total tab for the meal and two beers came to $29.80 CND, plus $5 tip, which translated into $26.94 total American.