MAJOR kudos to Bandito Charters

General banter about diving and why we love it.
LCF
I've Got Gills

MAJOR kudos to Bandito Charters

Post by LCF »

Doug and I have been involved in planning a significant event with a bunch of out-of-town divers. There were so many people involved that Doug arranged two charter boats out of Anacortes for this morning. Because of the weather forecasts which predicted high winds, one of the charter boats canceled on us yesterday.

Bandito Charters and Captain Ken stepped up nobly, and absorbed an addition four divers. So we had 14 divers altogether, including two who were tech diving and had deco bottles and stages, three who were scootering, a couple others in doubles with additional tanks to transfill, and a bunch of us in single tanks. They made us welcome, helped us function without falling over one another, and fed us beautifully, including fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies after the second dive.

We were able to get all of our out-of-town guests out to see some of what Puget Sound diving is about, and had they not been willing to put themselves out, that wouldn't have been possible.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Agreed, Captain Kirt and Bandito did a fabulous job.

The Naknak is a nice boat, lots of room for divers. We had 14 on the boat, four in doubles, four with scooters, and two tech divers and we really weren't that crowded. They'll put you on good sites, let you dive as long as you want, and give you good surface intervals. Combined with the warm cabin (heated by a big iron stove) and soup on the SIs, it is a good year-round option. The whole boat is a wet boat, so the drysuits can stay on and you can move around freely.

For those of you that are not aware, they are going to be running charters out of Friday Harbor in the winter, three days and diving with accommodations is going to be somewhere around $400. Cheap because of the off-season rates on the island.

For those of you that want to get out to the western San Juans this would be an amazing trip.
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Bandito Charters ALWAYS runs a top notch boat. :prayer:
I don't care what boat you are on or who is the Captain.

GREAT service and Safe diving is always what you can expect.
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

I was very impressed with them as well. Top notch service. =D>
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.