Congratulations to our local Celebs!!!!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Congratulations to our local Celebs!!!!

Post by Pez7378 »

ZenDiver2, Sounder and the Mrs Sounder Have their photos in the latest issue of ALERT DIVER! Valerie recieves recognition for DAN's Excellence in Training on page 13.

Mr and Mrs Sounder, appear on Page 8 showing off their Vodka filled DAN Nalgene bottle after a harrowing trip down the Colorado river.

:wav:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Coolness!

I knew about Val, but not about Doug and Erica! Hmmm... so a vodka bottle will get you in Alert Diver huh? Have to change the name of the mag!
:wav:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I just got home with my new DAN mag and was thrilled to see Sounder and the Mrs's pic inside. Way to go Doug! (I think....)

-Valerie :partyman:
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Way to go Sounders and Val!

(BTW Sounder, what the heck were you doing with 32oz of Voddy?!)
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Seth T. wrote:Way to go Sounders and Val!

(BTW Sounder, what the heck were you doing with 32oz of Voddy?!)
Long story... but you can take beverages for your week on the river ONLY if they're in plastic or cans... so since we enjoy a vodka cocktail while on vacation, we brought it. My DAN bottle hadn't been used for anything else at that point, so it became the vodka bottle.

As the river rose in the evening (it rises and falls based on demand for power), it tipped over the bucket we were using to chill it (everything is chilled in the river water) and it headed down stream before we could grab it.

The next day following one of the largest rapids in the Canyon, we saw it caught in an eddy. Cheers and a toast followed. :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great little article / blurb in the DAN Alert Mag by the way...

Kudos Doug!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Sounder wrote: The next day following one of the largest rapids in the Canyon, we saw it caught in an eddy. Cheers and a toast followed. :partyman:
Wow, that's hilarious! =D>
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

=D>
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!