Respect for fellow divers and dive sites

General banter about diving and why we love it.
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Respect for fellow divers and dive sites

Post by wallyc72 »

Yesterday I witnessed something that needs to be addressed. At Les Davis I witness a diver get out there gear, open the car door and start urinating in the parking lot. It was 4pm. There were people everywhere and the restrooms were UNLOCKED! There is no excuse for this. :angryfire:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Thats a shame, people can be discreet about it when there are no restrooms available. There are more than one divesites that are in private areas that locals are unfriendly for that reason.
Who run barter town?
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Wow. It was a guy I'm assuming? :toimonster:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I've certainly gone to the restroom when there wasn't a restroom around, but it's only in the most discreet of times. With the restrooms unlocked, there is simply no excuse.

Here's the pitch for a p-valve. \:D/

And I'm SURE it was a guy - this sounds like something only a guy would do.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Sounder wrote: And I'm SURE it was a guy - this sounds like something only a guy would do.
Exactly. It would make the paper if it was a girl! =D>
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Sounder wrote:And I'm SURE it was a guy - this sounds like something only a guy would do.
Well, odds are it was a guy, but don't be SURE. I was waiting for my wife to finish a class in a near-deserted parking lot once. I went un-noticed by someone who was doing the same. They decided to take care of business and lets just say that if we were dogs this one was a setter, not a pointer.

-Ben
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

It was a guy.
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

Pure laziness. Disgusting. When I was a new diver, I had a dive buddy that I quit diving with because he would bare all when changing into or out of dive gear, regardless of where he was. In full view of traffic, the public, anybody. I once scolded him when he did this in an area where there were kids around and restrooms nearby he could have used. His response was "doesn't bother me none!" Like I said, I quit diving with the slob.
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

I agree with you. Pure laziness!