My coolest nudie yet!

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

My coolest nudie yet!

Post by Dusty2 »

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

WOW!!!!

I've never seen anything remotely like that in local waters. What is it?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

LCF wrote:WOW!!!!

I've never seen anything remotely like that in local waters. What is it?
Don't feel bad, Neither has Dave Behrens and he wrote the book! I love nudie huntin! \:D/

This is the sacoglossid (sapsucker) Hermaea oliviae
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Awesome pics... thanks so much for posting! (Although I think I speak for a few others... we're here craving more info! Where? When? etc. etc.)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Like the rest..
I want to know where and when you found this delightful nudie.

I also love looking for these guys.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Excellent shot, the wonder never ceases... :salute:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Jan K wrote:Excellent shot, the wonder never ceases... :salute:
Well said Jan... and the main reason I keep diving and snapping pics! What a privilege we have...

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:Awesome pics... thanks so much for posting! (Although I think I speak for a few others... we're here craving more info! Where? When? etc. etc.)
As with most of my finds this was at Hudson point in port Townsend. unlike most it was only at about 20fsw. A week or so ago. It Was a lucky find and I haven't been able to repeat it. :crybaby:

Come on up and I'll take you on a tour of Nudibranch alley. Fair warning though. One dive and your hooked!

And Jan, no more excusses... The ferry is running. Maybe with a little luck I can make it over to the island in the next week or so and we can hit one of your spots too.