SPAM

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
gomi_otaku
Aquaphile

SPAM

Post by gomi_otaku »

Yesterday I received a spam email that included all the email addresses it was sent to. There were hundreds, but in browsing them I noted at least one with nwdiveclub as the domain name, and I recognized dsteding. Someone got ahold of the nwdiveclub mailing list? Or does one of the moderators/administrators really have strong negative feelings about the government in the Phillipines, enough to make up a T-Shirt? As far as I knew, our email addresses are not listed anywhere on here?
gomi_
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: SPAM

Post by Pez7378 »

SWEET! NWDC has gone global!! If anyone has anything bad to say about the PI Gov't. They are probably right. What does the T-shirt say?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

gomi_otaku wrote:Yesterday I received a spam email that included all the email addresses it was sent to. There were hundreds, but in browsing them I noted at least one with nwdiveclub as the domain name, and I recognized dsteding. Someone got ahold of the nwdiveclub mailing list? Or does one of the moderators/administrators really have strong negative feelings about the government in the Phillipines, enough to make up a T-Shirt? As far as I knew, our email addresses are not listed anywhere on here?
gomi_

i got that same spam addressed to over 950 people. i recognize several of the names also...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I recognized several too, but there were a couple from the Deco Stop's domain, plus one from russia, so I don't know that it was all us.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

The "oust a president" tshirt? I got that too. I just deleted it but went back to see if I recognized anyone. I don't so far but now I'm considering giving "sexangel777@gawab.com" and "sexyrussiangirl@gawab.com" a ring ifyaknowwhatImean :bootyshake:

That joke would be funnier if my avatar were up. For those who haven't seen it/didn't care it reads "Sex Crazed Underwater Bad Ass" :evil4:

But with my luck this is them hanging out last friday :pale:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm sending this to your girlfriend........ :violent1:

You guys have too much time on your hands. I saw the title of that e-mail and just deleted it.....
laivindil wrote:The "oust a president" tshirt? I got that too. I just deleted it but went back to see if I recognized anyone. I don't so far but now I'm considering giving "sexangel777@gawab.com" and "sexyrussiangirl@gawab.com" a ring ifyaknowwhatImean :bootyshake:

That joke would be funnier if my avatar were up. For those who haven't seen it/didn't care it reads "Sex Crazed Underwater Bad Ass" :evil4:

lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nwbrewer wrote:I'm sending this to your girlfriend........ :violent1:

You guys have too much time on your hands. I saw the title of that e-mail and just deleted it.....
laivindil wrote:The "oust a president" tshirt? I got that too. I just deleted it but went back to see if I recognized anyone. I don't so far but now I'm considering giving "sexangel777@gawab.com" and "sexyrussiangirl@gawab.com" a ring ifyaknowwhatImean :bootyshake:

:toimonster:

We need a :doghouse: smiley.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

laivindil wrote:
WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN YOU BASTARD!! :angryfire: WHERE did you get that picture of my little sister?!?!?!?! :axe:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:
laivindil wrote:
WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN YOU BASTARD!! :angryfire: WHERE did you get that picture of my little sister?!?!?!?! :axe:

Dude, I get that picture of her emailed to me by someone at least 3 times a day......along with some other ones......
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
laivindil wrote:

Dude, I get that picture of her emailed to me by someone at least 3 times a day......along with some other ones......
Yeah. She's like that......She heard me talking about you and thought I said your name was "NailHer69". So she asked for your email and I gave it to her. :dontknow:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

New look, same old dive club. :bounce:
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nwbrewer wrote::laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

As it should be.

Quick someone mention the words "solo" and "diving" in the same sentence. :violent3:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Solo diving

Post by scottsax »

laivindil wrote:

As it should be.

Quick someone mention the words "solo" and "diving" in the same sentence. :violent3:
I'd like to play a saxophone solo while diving someday.

Actually, one of the guys with whom I'm going to Bonaire said we should try to find a beater sax in a pawnshop while we're there and take it down with us so he can snap some pictures of it. It doesn't have to be playable, it just has to be a sax...
Last edited by scottsax on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Pez7378 wrote:
Yeah. She's like that......She heard me talking about you and thought I said your name was "NailHer69". So she asked for your email and I gave it to her. :dontknow:

OMG, I was still giggling about that this morning!
Last edited by Penopolypants on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

laivindil wrote:

As it should be.

What is DIR? :axe:

(Sounder ducks for cover)
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounder wrote:
laivindil wrote:

As it should be.

What is DIR? :axe:

(Sounder ducks for cover)
I'm thinking of getting a new wing for my Zeagle Ranger. One of those ones with the bungees wrapped around it looks really cool, what do ya'll think?
I'll be diving an aluminum 80 full of air to 150 feet next week and figure it's OK becuase my computer will figure my deco for me.

That ought to do it......... :violent3:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

...and don't forget that split fins are best! :smt064
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

spatman wrote:...and don't forget that split fins are best! :smt064
Fins are for losers. Real men walk on the bottom :naka:

With no BC. :naka: :naka:
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

laivindil wrote:

But not for long!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

laivindil wrote:

holding their breath. :rr:
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

spatman wrote:
laivindil wrote:

holding their breath. :rr:
No, they exhale so as to be negatively buoyant and hold NOTHING. :blueface:

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I thought they used giant hyper-dry snorkels?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

:book: Disclaimer: For any diver, new or old, who is reading the above statements... Those statements are jokes and should not be taken seriously. [-X Please do not participate in them or think that those activities are safe to try. [-X

Now back to your regularly scheduled NWDC BS... \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I cant stop laughing! I wanted to post quotes but there were just so many! You guys are funny! Well anyway, I didn't know if I should post this in the Dive Reports section or not but here it is:

My buddy and I planned a dive to this wreck. I'm not sure the name of it. But My buddy is experienced so I didn't think it was important. He said we'd be going down to around 45 or so and I didn't think that was too deep. Did I mention that he's British? Anyway the plan was to swim to the bottom look around and when my aluminum 80 got down to about half I would signal my buddy and we would surface. I wasn't too worried because I had Nitrox which allows me to go deeper and stay longer and my SAC is about 1.95. It's come down a lot! So anyway just as we were getting ready to get in the water I realized that I forgot my bottom timer which calculates my decompression time. My buddy said we could just both use his computer and that would be fine. So we got into the water and for some reason I couldnt sink. Stupid me, I forgot my weight belt. So my buddy, clearly annoyed decided to go ahead and do the dive solo. At first I was worried but then he assured me that he's experienced at that sort of diving because he loses his other buddy all the time, and ever since then he's been carrying spare air in case he has a problem.

Well I never saw him again but I'm sure he's fine, I mean with an Aluminum 80 and spare air at 45 ft what could possibly go wrong?
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Pez7378 wrote:I cant stop laughing! I wanted to post quotes but there were just so many! You guys are funny! Well anyway, I didn't know if I should post this in the Dive Reports section or not but here it is:

My buddy and I planned a dive to this wreck. I'm not sure the name of it. But My buddy is experienced so I didn't think it was important. He said we'd be going down to around 45 or so and I didn't think that was too deep. Did I mention that he's British? Anyway the plan was to swim to the bottom look around and when my aluminum 80 got down to about half I would signal my buddy and we would surface. I wasn't too worried because I had Nitrox which allows me to go deeper and stay longer and my SAC is about 1.95. It's come down a lot! So anyway just as we were getting ready to get in the water I realized that I forgot my bottom timer which calculates my decompression time. My buddy said we could just both use his computer and that would be fine. So we got into the water and for some reason I couldnt sink. Stupid me, I forgot my weight belt. So my buddy, clearly annoyed decided to go ahead and do the dive solo. At first I was worried but then he assured me that he's experienced at that sort of diving because he loses his other buddy all the time, and ever since then he's been carrying spare air in case he has a problem.

Well I never saw him again but I'm sure he's fine, I mean with an Aluminum 80 and spare air at 45 ft what could possibly go wrong?
A sixgill got 'em. Hungry buggers. :toimonster: Happened to a buddy of mine back in '69. He was diving blade fins. Looked like a seal. Been using splits ever since! #-o

When I'm not walking on the bottom with no BC. :naka: