Valerie's Dive Flag

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Valerie's Dive Flag

Post by Zen Diver »

Okay, since I'm high and dry for awhile I decided I needed a constant reminder of diving. After some experimentation I discovered white-out works much better than a paint pen for fiberglass casts...

Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Valerie's Dive Flag

Post by Scubak »

Gotta Love it!!! \:D/ \:D/
kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hmmm... now I have to paint a white-out flag on my harness so I can continue to look like you! :rr: Poor Val - how much longer until you're back?! :dontknow: :crybaby:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Sounder wrote:Poor Val - how much longer until you're back?! :dontknow: :crybaby:
2-3 months, but I'm hoping for closer to 2 than 3 :dontknow:

-Valerie
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Seems like you could modify your dry glove system and get that thing all nice and cozy like inside the suit. Or just wrap it up in a plastic bag? :dontknow: Talk about misery......... Well, it seems you're finding ways to manage, first the club dive, now this. I'm sure typing isn't easy but you have plenty of time to develop lesson plans for your classes, with pictures and slides and tables and charts.................. and well, it should keep you busy until you can dive again!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Double post....... Stupid computer.
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Pez7378 wrote:Seems like you could modify your dry glove system and get that thing all nice and cozy like inside the suit. Or just wrap it up in a plastic bag? :dontknow: ......
That with a little Nitrox and you've got yourself a little hyperbaric oxygen treatment going... ought to cut down the time to heal to a couple of weeks???

:bounce:

Sorry to hear your OOC for a while!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

diver-dad wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:Seems like you could modify your dry glove system and get that thing all nice and cozy like inside the suit. Or just wrap it up in a plastic bag? :dontknow: ......
That with a little Nitrox and you've got yourself a little hyperbaric oxygen treatment going... ought to cut down the time to heal to a couple of weeks???

:bounce:

Sorry to hear your OOC for a while!
I know HBO works with deep gashes. I wonder if it would work with broken bones.

Val, would you mind being the subject of a small experiment in HB medicine? :smt051
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

nice valerie, but how did you get that injury that is now making you suffer from SHORE SICKNESS????????????????????? :smt119 :smt064
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Shore Sickness.... the malady that causes one to merely watch the bubbles from topside instead of making the bubbles below....sigh... :crybaby:

Actually, I had surgery to fix a 2 year old work-related injury. It was getting to the point of interfering more and more with diving, and hurting for longer and longer post-dives, so I decided enough was enough, time to get things fixed, once and for all.

But, while I'm high and dry, my gear is all getting serviced, vizzed, hydro'd and tumbled where necessary, so everything will ready when I am!

-Valerie