NOAA divers manual

General banter about diving and why we love it.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

NOAA divers manual

Post by nwbobber »

I'm interested in adding the NOAA divers manual to our library. Any of you care to post a review before I plop down 80+? I would appreciate hearing what kind of topics are included, and opinions regarding quality of information. Better yet, if you know anyone who has this on a shelf where I can flip through it. DAN offers it at a reduced price, but you can't check it out before you buy.

Bob
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Cera
Submariner

Re: NOAA divers manual

Post by Cera »

I have it both in cd form and the book (4th edition)... Although the information is useful, I sure don't use it much!! :book:

Sections include: History of diving and NOAA Contributions- physics- physioloy- air diving and deco.- decompression- dive planning- hyperbaric chambers- hazardous aquatic animals- emergency care- etc...
Its really more of a resource book so don't plan on reading it like a novel. But I have used some of the charts to help teach classes. It does a pretty good job of explaining things.
It weighs about 7 lbs, so if you threw it down the stairs it would land on the bottom... (the way you grade papers in college) thus accruing an A grade!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17