Vashon Island Diving

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Vashon Island Diving

Post by Tangfish »

Does anyone know if there are dive sites on the North end of Vashon Island, perhaps near to the Fauntleroy Ferry terminal? I know that there's KVI and Dalco Wall, but those are East and South, respectively.

Thanks in advance for the answer.
boydski
Submariner

Re: Vashon Island Diving

Post by boydski »

If you have access to a boat, there's a nice reef on the SW side of Blake Island ( Blake Island Reef) which is just off of the North End of Vashon.
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

boydski wrote:If you have access to a boat, there's a nice reef on the SW side of Blake Island ( Blake Island Reef) which is just off of the North End of Vashon.
Been a long time since I've done that one (urm...four years) and it can be very current sensitive, as it's very open. Excellent dive, though, and I would recommend it if you can get out there. I've been there once, but I've really enjoyed it. We managed to get Rick to take the Banditos boat out there a few years back.

Mostly old concrete tanks (septic?) kind of clustered together, but it seems to collect a good bit of life; IIRC, there was at least one adult octo out in the open when I was there.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

There are some sites along Colvos passage, but kinda south and west of the ferry terminal. The land immediately around the terminal is mostly private. There is a King Co. park with potential beach access just south of Dolphin Point, "Wingehaven Park". Not sure if there's anything to dive there.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.