gifts for posideon

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: gifts for posideon

Post by Joshua Smith »

Burntchef wrote:so what have you lost to the deep??

one salvo reel

2 goodman handles

almost had a deco bottle wash away the other day at muk??

Funny story: After Howard lost his reel, I asked him how it happened. He showed me how a double-ender "dog bone" clip can come open if you have the gate facing the wrong way. I thought to myself "Huh. I better check mine and make sure it's OK." So, I went home, and started looking for it. Couldn't find it anywhere. Finally, I found the double ender, all by itself, clipped off to the D ring of my crotch strap.

Howard and I are now using single-enders with cave line to hold our brand-new Salvo reels. I even added a zip tie to mine.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

So far I am on top, but it is still early in the game for me. Here's hoping my no-losing streak continues...
poseidon: 0
me: 2 apollo bio-fins (different sizes unfortunately...how does someone lose a fin and not realize it?), integrated weight pouch with 10 lbs, dive knife, dive light, and more toilets than I care to have found.

Maybe with everyone saying what they have lost and found, some people can be reunited with gear.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
Burntchef wrote:so what have you lost to the deep??

one salvo reel

2 goodman handles

almost had a deco bottle wash away the other day at muk??

Funny story: After Howard lost his reel, I asked him how it happened. He showed me how a double-ender "dog bone" clip can come open if you have the gate facing the wrong way. I thought to myself "Huh. I better check mine and make sure it's OK." So, I went home, and started looking for it. Couldn't find it anywhere. Finally, I found the double ender, all by itself, clipped off to the D ring of my crotch strap.

Howard and I are now using single-enders with cave line to hold our brand-new Salvo reels. I even added a zip tie to mine.
Gosh! I don't know where you guys shop, but when I bought my reel, I got a short lesson on how NOT to clip it to the double ender...... :smt064 Sad thing is, you guys will probably need a reel much more than I will, at least for now. :dontknow:

Just be careful not to let that single bolt snap get in the way when you're running line.........
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:Gosh! I don't know where you guys shop, but when I bought my reel, I got a short lesson on how NOT to clip it to the double ender...... :smt064 Sad thing is, you guys will probably need a reel much more than I will, at least for now. :dontknow:

Just be careful not to let that single bolt snap get in the way when you're running line.........

Yeah- seems like somebody could have mentioned that little quirk to me......And the single-ender doesn't get in the way at all, btw. I loves me some 400' reel, though. I never liked finger-spools much- I still carry one, but I prefer to shoot a bag with the reel.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."