OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
GetWet
Frequent Bubbler

Re: OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Post by GetWet »

Maverick wrote:The list so far is:
Cuppie/Maverick
Oregondiver (now you can meet Cuppie)
Ulisses
Rjarnold (X2)
dieseldude
scottsax (fronting the money man)
P-pants (BBQ/table Babe)
Spatman
Kalatin
Tom Nic (and Wife?)
Ab219 (real name?)
Sheri (nailers class Mate)
GetWet and nwbobber

Next :smt064
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Maverick wrote:The list so far is:
Cuppie/Maverick
Ulisses
Rjarnold (X2)
dieseldude
P-pants (BBQ/table Babe)
Spatman
Kalatin
Tom Nic (and Wife?)
Ab219 (real name?)
GetWet and nwbobber

Next :occasion5:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Maverick wrote:Maverick wrote:The list so far is:
Cuppie/Maverick

Next :occasion5:
Hey Maverick, Count Cindy (Scubadoobado) and me in.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

The list so far is:

Maverick
Cuppie
Ulisses
Rjarnold (X2)
dieseldude
P-pants (BBQ/table Babe)
Spatman
Kalatin
Tom Nic (and Wife?)
Ab219 (real name?)
GetWet
nwbobber
Billz
Scubadoobado
Next
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

The list so far is:

Maverick
Cuppie
Ulisses
Rjarnold (X2)
dieseldude
P-pants (BBQ/table Babe)
Spatman
Kalatin
Tom Nic (and Wife?)
Ab219 (real name?)
GetWet
nwbobber
Billz
Scubadoobado
Scubagirl45

Next
Maverick

STAIRS.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

We reserved the bunkhouse for fri and sat night. I have not seen it so I am not sure how many folks will fit, but If any one is interested PM me. I'm told there are three bedrooms and a large living area.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

rjarnold wrote:Greg and I are in! Pending a tropical dive vacation for my golden birthday. And I just learned that apparently only? Wisconsinites are aware of what a 'golden birthday' is - it's when you turn the age that the date of your birthday is on (i.e., I'll be turning 27 on the 27th of October). It's really just an excuse to get a bigger present ;)

Edit: Oh, and we'd also be in for getting a house/cabin/etc.
I guess I missed that one since my birthday is on the 2nd! :crybaby:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Looks like a big group wil be there! :supz:

I almost regret to say that is the week I will be R&R'n in Puerto Vallarta(Nuevo), Mexico. I will get in a couple of dives there, but it's mostly an overdue vacation with my wife who is a non-diver. I will have Tom Nic pick up my shirts from Mav.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Okay bass man, you got it dude
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Just a thought, One of the reasons that i wanted to rent out Sund rock (which can still happen) is because i wanted a large setting to have our BBQ. Well now that I was able to rent the yellow house (huge party area) which have everything needed to have a great party, would people be interested in haveing the Saturday BBQ there, or should we still rent out sund rock? The only issue with sund rock is we have to pre pay for the rock in order for Bob Sund to close it for us only. and that is 500 bucks, becasue thats an average he makes on a saturady. so if only 25 people show up it will cost us more to have a party there than just paying our normal parking fee of 15 bucks.

let me have some input.
BJ
Maverick

STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

BJ,
I'm 99.9% sure I wont be there but as the history of our club events has shown I'm not so sure there would be 25 divers from this board there on any single day. As for the week end, Yes there may be more than 25, but that is some showing up on Friday and others showing up on Saturday and then you have the hard core group that stays from Friday until Sunday and they dive all three days. If I'm not in Mexico on that week end, I will be doing all I can to be there! Having the BBQ at the Yellow house sounds like a great Idea!
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

I've never been to Sund Rock and have heard that it is a great place to dive, so I'm still up for it.
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

You know I'm in...

Do we need to do another roll call to figure out how many folks are gonna be there?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

rjarnold wrote:I've never been to Sund Rock and have heard that it is a great place to dive, so I'm still up for it.
I'm not saying we won't dive there, i love diving there, what im saying is others that are not part of our group wil still beable to dive there. we were going to rent the whole site and close it to non NWDC members and i thnk that is not necessary anymore with the yellow house available.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

The list so far is:

Maverick
Cuppie
Ulisses
Rjarnold (X2)
dieseldude
P-pants (BBQ/table Babe)
Spatman
Kalatin
Tom Nic (and Wife?)
Ab219 (real name?)
GetWet
nwbobber
Billz
Scubadoobado
Scubagirl45

If i missed you then tell me or add yourslef
Maverick

STAIRS.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

so we'd dive at sund rock, go over to the yellow house for the bbq, and then back to sund to dive some more?
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Makes sense to have the bbq at Yellow House (for that quick rinse of a hamburger that landed on the road and passed the 5 second rule).

All I ask is that folks leave parking spots for those of us who are actually paying to stay at the house. [-X

He wants $500? Sheesh. Well, he is the CRABBY OLD MAN who used to throw rocks over the edge of the rock when I was diving it after doing the surface swim since I wouldn't pay his ransom for entry.

If you are part of Kelp Crawlers (I think cost is $20 to join?) then the fee to dive Sund is only $10. You could make it up after just 4 days of paying his $15 fees.

If we aren't renting the whole rock, should we start emailing Natalie at Hoodsport N Dive and get our spots reserved individually?
Shell
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Maverick wrote:
rjarnold wrote:I've never been to Sund Rock and have heard that it is a great place to dive, so I'm still up for it.
I'm not saying we won't dive there, i love diving there, what im saying is others that are not part of our group wil still beable to dive there. we were going to rent the whole site and close it to non NWDC members and i thnk that is not necessary anymore with the yellow house available.

Ohhh, gotcha. I supposed we probably shouldn't rent out the whole rock then. $500 is quite a bit.
Lophiiformes rock.

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

oregondiver wrote: He wants $500? Sheesh. Well, he is the CRABBY OLD MAN who used to throw rocks over the edge of the rock when I was diving it after doing the surface swim since I wouldn't pay his ransom for entry.
Wow, for real?
Lophiiformes rock.

oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

http://www.kelpkrawlers.org/faq.htm#membership
Joining Kelp Crawlers is only $15 person or $25 family.
Anyone want to be a "family" with me and we can save even more money!! :evil4:

We would make up the cost by diving Fri, Sat, Sun at Sund Rock and the rest of the year we would still only have to pay $10!!!!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

rjarnold wrote:
oregondiver wrote: He wants $500? Sheesh. Well, he is the CRABBY OLD MAN who used to throw rocks over the edge of the rock when I was diving it after doing the surface swim since I wouldn't pay his ransom for entry.
Wow, for real?

Succinctly...YES. And he used to yell at us too but that is benign compared to the rocks.

rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

oregondiver wrote:
rjarnold wrote:
Wow, for real?

Succinctly...YES. And he used to yell at us too but that is benign compared to the rocks.
I'm assuming it's perfectly legal to do the surface swim and not pay the ransom... couldn't you have reported him for that?
Lophiiformes rock.

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

oregondiver wrote:Makes sense to have the bbq at Yellow House (for that quick rinse of a hamburger that landed on the road and passed the 5 second rule).

All I ask is that folks leave parking spots for those of us who are actually paying to stay at the house. [-X

He wants $500? Sheesh. Well, he is the CRABBY OLD MAN who used to throw rocks over the edge of the rock when I was diving it after doing the surface swim since I wouldn't pay his ransom for entry.

If you are part of Kelp Crawlers (I think cost is $20 to join?) then the fee to dive Sund is only $10. You could make it up after just 4 days of paying his $15 fees.

If we aren't renting the whole rock, should we start emailing Natalie at Hoodsport N Dive and get our spots reserved individually?
Shell
I've got it covered with natalie at hoodsportndive no worries for the individual reservations. I'm friends with the dive shop owners and have this handles \:D/ this will be a fun weekend. as for the parking, there are two areas in front of the house, and the side parking lot, oh and we have permission to part at the dive shop and walk over for the BBQ. the parking in front of the house is for paid renters only (you know who you are) the side lot is for visitors and the shop parking is for visitors. there is diving in front of the house, but the staging room is for paid people only. the BBQ is huge so Penelopy doesn't have to bring one, and the hot tub is for all, but no dive suits or street closes, swimsuits or b-day suits only. :dontknow:

there is a fresh water outside shower for all divers to use, and we still have a few bunks left if anyone wants to join. $90 buck for the whole weekend and includes two air fill \:D/

I think i can work a deal for us to use sund rock and not need to buy into kelp krawlers.
Maverick

STAIRS.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Is the $15 per vehicle, or per person?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

rjarnold wrote:
oregondiver wrote:
rjarnold wrote:
Wow, for real?

I'm assuming it's perfectly legal to do the surface swim and not pay the ransom... couldn't you have reported him for that?
it is totally legal he doesn't own the water only the land. that son of a beach, neededs to grow up, or get younger.
Maverick

STAIRS.