Thank you all.

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Thank you all.

Post by Romer Treece »

Just wanted to extend a very sincere thank you to everyone who ever crossed my path and made my life at NWSD very enjoyable and uplifting.
I will be leaving the dive shop business to pursue rare opportunities that have come my way recently. My future looks VERY bright in the diving world so I will keep doing what I love to do, be it making films, futzing with scuba equipment, or just going out for a wreck dive.
I want to thank everyone for all the kind words said about me on this forum (and other forums) it means more than I can put into words and I hope we can all stay in touch via this forum, or by email, or by phone.
At times NWSD seemed like Arnolds from Happy Day's with everyone there laughing, smiling and just talking about diving; I WILL miss that.

So thanks again to everyone, and let's NOT be strangers- lets go diving!!!! :salute: :salute:

Dan Warter
206 612 6532
dwarter@dcsfilms.com
BDub
I've Got Gills

Re: Thank you all.

Post by BDub »

Dan, I hate to see you go, buddy.

You were great to "work" with and you brought an amazing wealth of information and hard work to the shop. You'll be missed!

Congratulations on the new opportunities! You deserve it, and I'm really happy for you!

Brian
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Really sad to hear you will be leaving the shop, Dan- but I'm happy to hear your future looks bright. I look forward to many more dives with you! Best of luck in your new endeavors!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You'll be missed bud. Thanks for everything and I look forward to seeing you around. Best of luck.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Dan you've been a great friend, mentor, and dive buddy to quite a few of us in the area, and we wish you the best in whatever you do, AS LONG as those endeavors don't keep us from diving with you here and there :)
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

We'll miss you man. Thanks for all the great advice, serivce and fills. :notworthy:

Jake
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DAN. Keep wearing that smile of yours everyone loves you and your knowledge. i have learned so much from you and NWSD only had Good Experiences with your work, whether it be on regs, or just tying up a bungee for my new light.

Your new opportunities came to you for a reason, your friendly personality but really your knowledge and outgoingness helps too. keep up the good work dude. See you soon. BJ
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

"Best Dive Shop Tech Ever"
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Awww damn! My regs are due for sevice!!! :crybaby:

Seriously, congrats on whatever opportunity has presented itself! I hope your future is full of success and good fortune. Thanks again for all the help you've given.
mattwave wrote:"Best Dive Shop Tech Ever"
:notworthy: :notworthy: Hands down. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Fishstiq wrote:Awww damn! My regs are due for sevice!!! :crybaby:
I was thinking the same thing!

Dan, you have provided the best customer experience anywhere at any price. :salute:
Thank you.

Don't forget us when you're (more) famous.
Please stay active on this board and share all your adventures.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Fishstiq wrote:Awww damn! My regs are due for sevice!!! :crybaby:

Seriously, congrats on whatever opportunity has presented itself! I hope your future is full of success and good fortune. Thanks again for all the help you've given.
mattwave wrote:"Best Dive Shop Tech Ever"
:notworthy: :notworthy: Hands down. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Mine too! :crybaby: Dude you'll be missed. Keep making them video's and I'll keep buying 'em!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Dan-

Best wishes, and we do need to keep in touch. I like your characterization of NWSD as Arnold's (I always thought of it as Cheers). I'll definitely miss seeing you around that place.

Sounds like some great opportunities await you-good luck with all your new ventures.

-Doug
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

We should pick a Sunday and bring all of our regs over to Dan's house. :evil4:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

An employee at UWS gave me a great idea a month or so ago..... I was getting ready to have my Zeagles serviced and he told me that it might be just as cost effective to sell my regs and buy new ones on sale..........he was right! I sold my regs on EBay and bought a new Oceanic FXIV with octo for less than it would have cost to service my 1st stage and both seconds.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

tangfish wrote:We should pick a Sunday and bring all of our regs over to Dan's house. :evil4:

Working on it. \:D/
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Your presence will be sorely missed. Kick butt in your new endeavors. :salute:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :rr:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Edge
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Edge »

We've had a chance to talk about some of your future plans, and they sound like a perfect fit for you! I am very happy for you and am excited to hear about your adventures.

I'd like to say, you were of help to me EVERY time I came to the shop. I have learned a lot from you and truly appreciate your patience and willingness to "educate" me even when you really didn't have the time.

Keep me posted how you, Lynne and Lucky are doing!

I miss you already.

Jeanna
"Helium doesn't reduce stupidity" Fishstiq

http://www.frogkickdiving.com
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Dan, I will really miss you at NWSD. As I told Matt today, the most irreplaceable thing is the eclectic selection of music that I looked forward to every time I came in the shop!

I hope your new opportunities take you onward and upward and make you happy. Thank you for all the good service and the good conversation over the last two years.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

May good fortune follow you in your future endeavors!!!! :salute:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

Dan this thread seemed appropriate for my first post (it is Jake the most annoying customer you ever had at NWSD) because I really owe you for getting me excited about diving. I had always been interested, but never done any real research. Had thought about it but figured for any number of reasons it was beyond me, after running around to another shop a few times Lynn sent me up to see you guys and your patience and information and assurance that I should give it a try. Well I had my first pool session yesterday and LOVED it, can't wait to go get more pool time in today (I'd go now if they would let me) and luckily I had no air in my bottle at the end of class or I'd have been at Matthews Beach playing in the swim area.

Anyway man I just wanted to say thank you, I miss talking (annoying?) you with my near constant trips to the shop and I look forward to being able to call you to dive after I am all legit and everything.
Jake :rr:
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

Anyway man I just wanted to say thank you, I miss talking (annoying?) you with my near constant trips to the shop and I look forward to being able to call you to dive after I am all legit and everything.
Jake :rr:[/quote]

Absolutely!
I'm glad you are having the type of experience underwater that I had (during my O/W class) and continue to have to this day. Don't hesitate to call or PM or email me whenever, for whatever.

Dan
dwarter@dcsfilms.com
206 612 6532