Worlds Deepest Pool! made for divers...

General banter about diving and why we love it.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Worlds Deepest Pool! made for divers...

Post by BASSMAN »

http://scuba.about.com/b/2008/08/11/wor ... diving.htm

Where would you imagine cruising around at 105 feet (33 meters) in warm (91F/33C) crystal clear tropical waters? The Bahamas or Fiji perhaps? How about Belgium? Though not in a typical tropical diving location, you can now do just that at Nemo33, a new swimming pool in Brussels, Belgium that is purpose built for scuba diving.

Containing a whopping 2.5 million liters (660,430 gallons) of spring water, and reaching a depth of 33 meters (105 feet), Nemo33 is the world's deepest swimming pool. However, it's more than just a deep swimming pool, it's a scuba diving paradise that was built with the scuba diver in mind. Nemo33 has multiple levels for training and even features tunnels with breathing air so that instructors can talk to their students without having to surface.

Located in central Brussels, Nemo33 is incredibly convenient and really is the perfect scuba training and practice facility. I'd love to see more of these spread around the world - just imagine how many new divers could fall in love with the underwater world with one of these in every major city. :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Worlds Deepest Pool! made for divers...

Post by scottsax »

That looks like a fun afternoon! Too bad the English pages aren't up yet. My French is way too rusty to understand most of it...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

It's like Clear Lake with a heater.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ORDiver wrote:It's like Clear Lake with a heater.

but deeper...
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

but.............deeeeper.