Watching the rain fall...

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Watching the rain fall...

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I miss summer... :crybaby:

Anyway, anyone been in the water? Is the rain screwing up the vis?
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Watching the rain fall...

Post by LCF »

Viz at Cove 2 tonight started out pretty decent (15 to 20) but by the end of the dive, it was deteriorating pretty seriously (10 feet, maybe). And it wasn't us :-)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

LCF wrote:Viz at Cove 2 tonight started out pretty decent (15 to 20) but by the end of the dive, it was deteriorating pretty seriously (10 feet, maybe). And it wasn't us :-)
Yuck... I'm diving TTN in the morning, and it's supposed to be stormy and rainy most of the day. I'll let you know!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Three Tree may still be decent. The runoff from the Duwamish silts out the coves pretty quickly when it starts raining.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Rain! You want to talk about Rain! We've 10 days classified as Fair or better this YEAR! We had 32 days of straight Rain ending last week that's a new record. 15" of rain in October, If I hadn't traveled this year, I would have thought the sun was gone!

Dave
Dave Mitchell
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I love the rain !! And love winter diving . Summer just makes my pools full of algae
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

How was DIW last night?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Hey this is Washington!! You don't like rain??? Wasamata for you??? ](*,)

I did Port Townsend several times this week and the rain didn't cause too much deterioration in viz except when we got down current from the storm drain. Depends on your dive of choice. If it's near a river or storm drain dump it will silt up pretty good but other places it doesn't do any thing except make it tough getting suited up and down and staying dry.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

TTN had 30' viz!! \:D/

Simply gorgeous, even with cloud cover and a cranky light that didn't want to fire. :violent1:

Plus, I pulled out our portable canopy, set it up over Tim's truck, and VOILA! Rain schmain, who'se afraid of a little rain?!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:TTN had 30' viz!! \:D/

Simply gorgeous, even with cloud cover and a cranky light that didn't want to fire. :violent1:

Plus, I pulled out our portable canopy, set it up over Tim's truck, and VOILA! Rain schmain, who'se afraid of a little rain?!
Cool haven't been there in awhile. It can be awesome there when the viz clears
Layner
Just Settling In

Post by Layner »

Cove 2 this morning was pretty good viz. 15-20 ft. It didn't rain until we were coming out, and at that point we're wet anywyay. :supz:
Silence is Golden...
Duct-tape is Silver.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Seabeck this afternoon was great. There was a warm, murky layer of runoff for the first 20ft -- below that the vis was beautiful, maybe 30ft.

g