Buoyancy Control

General banter about diving and why we love it.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Buoyancy Control

Post by spatman »

camerone wrote:If you have to make do with a stock sized suit, or you rent/borrow, then fin keepers or gaiters will compress the dead space and solve the problem of too much gas where it doesn't belong, fixing the root cause of the floatiness.
this is the same conclusion i have recently arrived at as well. my stock drysuit is pretty baggy around my lower legs. i've been using fin keepers for awhile which help keep the air out of my boots, but did not do much for the air that would be trapped around my ankles and shins. the recent addition of gaiters has dramatically reduced those spaces, resulting in much more comfortable dives.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Frankly I prefer using my BCD. Like you I kept getting feet up and adding ankle weights helped me alot.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Dive,Dive,Dive. Keepers, gaiters, ankle weights, rudimentary blah blah blah. Just dive. I had the same questions and got the same answers. In the end, I dive whenever I can, and now I can "feel" what is happening with the "bubble".

It'll come Sampson. Next, you'll be asking about a backplate............then a can light.....................Spring straps................etc,etc,etc.

Personally, I think our minds are a crutch. "Don't think about it too much, it'll boggle the mind." :smt027
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Pez7378 wrote:Dive,Dive,Dive. Keepers, gaiters, ankle weights, rudimentary blah blah blah. Just dive. I had the same questions and got the same answers. In the end, I dive whenever I can, and now I can "feel" what is happening with the "bubble".

It'll come Sampson. Next, you'll be asking about a backplate............then a can light.....................Spring straps................etc,etc,etc.

Personally, I think our minds are a crutch. "Don't think about it too much, it'll boggle the mind." :smt027
Hear, hear!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option