Any Gamers out there?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Any Gamers out there?

Post by no excuses »

We got a Wii for christmas, what a great game for the family, but damm my shoulders ache from the boxing game lol.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

GREAT family game. We got ours for when we are visiting the in-laws. It really breaks up the monotony when you can just golf a few holes or get your box on. We picked up Brunswick bowling, and Tiger Words and those are fun.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I've been playing Fallout 3, but I got my son Gears of War 2, and my buddies and I have been online at night playing Horde mode, where they send wave after wave of bad guys at you, and they get harder and harder (I've heard 25-50 waves, but after playing for several hours last night, we are only on wave 16).

My other kid got a Banjo Kazooie game where you can build these vehicles, and drive them wherever. The physicas are off, but you can make a submarine! 0] Of course, you can make a submarine that flies through the air too.....

D(B)
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

I just played guitar hero the other night for the first time and may have started something. Had a few friends over, and in no time it got really competitive. My secret weapon appears to be Nirvana's "About a Girl".
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I got the ROCK BAND and DAMN that is a fun ass game too.
AS for the 360 I have been playing a lot of COD World at War and Left for Dead! Im available for some online shenanigans if anyone is down.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

We are actually looking to get a WII after my sister in law got one for her kids. Tough to let the kids interupt our play. :)
Sean
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

BigFameOne wrote:I just played guitar hero the other night for the first time and may have started something.
You'll know you've been playing Guitar Hero to much when the blisters start forming on your fingers from the strum bar. Just don't ask me how I know.... :dontknow:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Speaking of Guitar hero. The next time you are doing a hard song and have just finished, quickly look at some curtains or the wall and just focus in the same area for a little while. You should see exactly what an LSD trip looks like, don't ask me how I know what an LSD trip would look like, I read it in a book.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Norris wrote:Speaking of Guitar hero. The next time you are doing a hard song and have just finished, quickly look at some curtains or the wall and just focus in the same area for a little while. You should see exactly what an LSD trip looks like, don't ask me how I know what an LSD trip would look like, I read it in a book.
i know exactly what an LSD trip looks like, and even though i've never played GH and stared at a curtain, i'm pretty sure it ain't even close... maybe like mescaline, though....
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
Norris wrote:Speaking of Guitar hero. The next time you are doing a hard song and have just finished, quickly look at some curtains or the wall and just focus in the same area for a little while. You should see exactly what an LSD trip looks like, don't ask me how I know what an LSD trip would look like, I read it in a book.
i know exactly what an LSD trip looks like, and even though i've never played GH and stared at a curtain, i'm pretty sure it ain't even close... maybe like mescaline, though....
I think it's more like mushrooms, myself... Even trippier is to stare at my brother's dog breathing on the floor....

I spent all Saturday night helping my brother install his new 40" LCD and playing Guitar Hero World Tour and Rockband. I discovered there's a LOT of words in Dani California...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

Norris wrote:I got the ROCK BAND and DAMN that is a fun ass game too.
AS for the 360 I have been playing a lot of COD World at War and Left for Dead! Im available for some online shenanigans if anyone is down.
Gamer tag is BigFameOne. I will be on COD if anything. Would love to get some gaming in.
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Ill add you right now.

I'm n0rr15
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
edm81363
Aquaphile

Post by edm81363 »

I'm on the PS3, mainly Resistance2 right now. (logged in as edm81363)

And we just got a Wii, so Wii Sports has been big.

I was at a friends house in Reno last week and played one of the COD titles there- looked like Baghdad. That was a lot of fun.
-Ed in Mill Creek
OW, AOW, Boat, Deep, EANx, CPR, First Aid, O2, Rescue, HSA, DM
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

If I get this game, it'll be the last any of you see of me. My friends had to have an intervention with me when I was playing D2.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

CALVIN!

Welcome back, buddy!!!! \:D/
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Calvin Tang wrote:If I get this game, it'll be the last any of you see of me. My friends had to have an intervention with me when I was playing D2.
DON'T DO IT MAN!!! THATS ONLY A SHORT STEP FROM BEING A WOW head.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
fpoole
Avid Diver

Post by fpoole »

Yikes.....
Strategy games for the ole'farts,
less shooting, more planning...

Let the young Wipper-snappers blow up the world...

C & C Generals
Star Craft
and of course the original-original CivI & II &IIIi
Diablo...
Still playing Generals... Gawd help us all... or me anyway...
First game, Civ, bought it, installed it finished it 6am the following morning... and didn't feel a thing...
Except the Hook....
Frank Poole
ORV-RZR 1k & Hiking
Camping & Shooting(photos)
in the Great Nor’West

http://www.poolesweb.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Ooooo- I'm heavilly addicted to Fallout 3, now......cool game.......
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I like blasting with the Xbox 360, when I can get the kids away from it.

Call of Duty 4 and Halo.

I get tired of {C Gaming, too much updating and I'm always on below grade hardware.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Chenari and I are working our way through the 3 Halo games in cooperative mode right now; we're midway through Halo 2 at the moment. Plus, I just started one for the PC called Fable, one of the bazillion S&S quest-type games out there. One of my other daughters sent it with us and suggested we try it, so I did. A little slow getting started, but lots of promise there. Hey, it's something to do when the temp only gets to 30 degrees on a sunny day and I don't have a car because my oldest daughter called my phone at 1:30 AM and woke me out of a sound sleep, to which I couldn't get back, and hence couldn't get up to drive the wife to work - oops, that's gotta be TMI...........
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Norris wrote:
Calvin Tang wrote:If I get this game, it'll be the last any of you see of me. My friends had to have an intervention with me when I was playing D2.
DON'T DO IT MAN!!! THATS ONLY A SHORT STEP FROM BEING A WOW head.
I don't have to worry about that. I already tried playing WOW and I got bored. Too much walking around and not enough killing.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Funny thing about the first Halo game-a really good friend of mine was a voice actor in that game. When Master Chief comes upon the first group of surviving Marines one of them runs up and says, "Good to see you, sir!" That's my buddy Chris. He's since moved to California, so every now and then I pop the game in and it's like hanging out with him for a little bit....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

scottsax wrote:Funny thing about the first Halo game-a really good friend of mine was a voice actor in that game. When Master Chief comes upon the first group of surviving Marines one of them runs up and says, "Good to see you, sir!" That's my buddy Chris. He's since moved to California, so every now and then I pop the game in and it's like hanging out with him for a little bit....
Speaking of Halo dialogue if you havent already experienced Red Versus Blue its pretty good. Google it and I would start at season 1, but cannot locate that in my quick attempt at work today.

Gonna head out, fill some tanks, buy some converse, and get my dive on tomorrow....

peas
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Norris wrote:
scottsax wrote:Funny thing about the first Halo game-a really good friend of mine was a voice actor in that game. When Master Chief comes upon the first group of surviving Marines one of them runs up and says, "Good to see you, sir!" That's my buddy Chris. He's since moved to California, so every now and then I pop the game in and it's like hanging out with him for a little bit....
Speaking of Halo dialogue if you havent already experienced Red Versus Blue its pretty good. Google it and I would start at season 1, but cannot locate that in my quick attempt at work today.

Gonna head out, fill some tanks, buy some converse, and get my dive on tomorrow....

peas
Red vs. Blue was what got me interested in Halo in the first place, because I couldn't stop laughing even though I didn't understand some of the jokes that were Halo-centric. You can find most of the episodes at peer-sharing sites like utorrent and such. I have them somewhere...

I just finished Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, the original Xbox game plus the three downloadable extra levels. Since we have an Xbox 360 I had to download a patch to get it to work, but it was worth it. Fantastic game. I had originally intended to return it and swap for something else, but I think I'm gonna keep it. Like Halo, I can play it again and again.

Having had that good experience, I found Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and gave that a try. I returned it after a day. I couldn't figure it out, and about the fourth time I got my whole squad killed I said "Life's too short for this." I could never see where the enemies were, couldn't figure out how the command map worked or what half the symbols on it were, and the tutorial didn't really explain squat. I know it won some awards, but not from me.

Another that I just finished is Blacksite: Area 51. That one was great, if a little short. Some of the weapons were a kick to use, and the story was pretty good.

Back to Halo......................................
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

dwashbur wrote:
Norris wrote:

peas
Red vs. Blue was what got me interested in Halo in the first place, because I couldn't stop laughing even though I didn't understand some of the jokes that were Halo-centric. You can find most of the episodes at peer-sharing sites like utorrent and such. I have them somewhere...

I just finished Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, the original Xbox game plus the three downloadable extra levels. Since we have an Xbox 360 I had to download a patch to get it to work, but it was worth it. Fantastic game. I had originally intended to return it and swap for something else, but I think I'm gonna keep it. Like Halo, I can play it again and again.

Having had that good experience, I found Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and gave that a try. I returned it after a day. I couldn't figure it out, and about the fourth time I got my whole squad killed I said "Life's too short for this." I could never see where the enemies were, couldn't figure out how the command map worked or what half the symbols on it were, and the tutorial didn't really explain squat. I know it won some awards, but not from me.

Another that I just finished is Blacksite: Area 51. That one was great, if a little short. Some of the weapons were a kick to use, and the story was pretty good.

Back to Halo......................................
Tom Clancy? I have been playing those since they first came out. Wasnt much for Ghost recon but Rainbow 6...those are real good. The Vegas 1 and 2 series are excellent.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**