Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive!

Post by BASSMAN »

Stupid work computer!!! I cant see the pictures!
dwashbur wrote:Here's a couple of pix from today. You had to love these great goggles:

And watching Pez try to get the bbq going was just hilarious, but I love this picture of the attempt because of the expression on the watcher's face. I call this one "Shadd and Gronk make fire!!!!" Now I'm gonna sit back and see how many folks catch that one, that way I'll know who's as old and nerdy as I am!

And just so everybody knows, I'm really gonna pay for that one, 'cuz that pretty girl with the silly expression is my wife!!!!

Our critter pictures from today are at

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... 203-22-08/
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey, that was fun!! :partyman:

Thanks to everyone for coming and spending their Saturday with us. I certainly had a great time and it seems everyone else did too. WHAT A SPREAD!!! That was one heck of a pot-luck BBQ!!

Mrs. Sounder and I came home and after a long hot shower, I joined her for a 3 hour nap!! Seems after 2 dives, and a huge delicious meal, it was the logical thing to do. I finally rinsed my gear, and I think it's bed time again. \:D/

Thanks again everyone for a great Saturday. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. We'll have to do it again sometime soon.

-Doug

PS: In the picture with my head inside Tom & Cindy's car, I was recreating Tom's and my experience in Bonaire with the wild donkeys (surprise surpise... in this picture, I'm the ass). It'll be up on YouTube sometime soon along with several other fun Bonaire videos.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i just wanted to send a big thank you to a few folks who help to make yesterday a great day:

penopolypants - for bringing the BBQ-extravaganza-in-a-subaru kit, and for helping to organize people and consumables :prayer:

sounder - for helping to lead the charge and corralling divers and buddies :salute:

captjack - for rocking the zodiac out to maury island and showing a few of us a site we might not have seen otherwise :notworthy:

the folks who volunteered as big buddies - for their patience and guidance of less experienced divers :supz:

all of the folks who brought that delicious food - nobody was in danger of starving with a spread like that! :smt038

everyone else who was there - for being a great group of divers and good company during the surface interval! =D>

so when's the next one?!?!?
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

What an awesome day! Thanks to everyone for all their efforts! Big buddies, little buddies, I'm just here buddies, I'm not even diving but I wanted to say hi buddies, cooks, people who brought food, people who ate food, people who helped set up, and people who helped break every thing down and pack up! Even the weather cooperated with us yesterday...a miracle!

(or mayb not. Every time I load up my canopy to deal with bad weather it ends up beautiful and sunny. I think I may be on to something here.....)

It was indeed very kind of Richard to go through the effort of bringing out his boat, and from the rave reviews I kept hearing after the dive it was much appreciated.

It was also good to finally put some names to some user names, and to chat in person with people I've been chatting with online for ages.

And it was awesome to dive with some new great buddies.

And it was awesome to hang out and chat during the surface intervals

And....well, the list could go on and on. I had a great time!

Can't believe nobody brought chips though. :bootyshake:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

It truly was a pleasure to dive and hang with you all! I can't wait to do it again.

You know, my birthday's next Sunday...I think a dive or 2 would definitely be in order....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Penopolypants wrote:
Can't believe nobody brought chips though. :bootyshake:
I can't believe some of these guys think your schnozz is big. If yours is big, I don't wanna know what they call mine :pale:
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

scottsax wrote:It truly was a pleasure to dive and hang with you all! I can't wait to do it again.

You know, my birthday's next Sunday...I think a dive or 2 would definitely be in order....
The 30th? That's my daughter's 18th birthday as well. We're talking about going to Edmons Oil Dock for a birthday dive. I haven't checked the currents yet to see what time, but...........
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Sorry I could only stay for the one dive. Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the beer goggles and great BBQ... maybe next time. Good people, good diving, great time. Thanks again. :salute:
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Does look and read like a great time had by all!! Doug will have to start-up the monthly dive-beer-pizza or bbq thing again...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Penopolypants wrote:Can't believe nobody brought chips though. :bootyshake:
Whadda ya mean nobody brought chips? :axe: I brought chips! It's just that the rebreather crew and surface support ate them before you guys got back from your second dive! ...along with the Easter colored Reese's \:D/

Great time everyone! :supz: Good to see folks even though I was dry, and my wife Cindy enjoyed everyone as well!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Haha, I was being a little facetious about the chips....I think we probably had about 15 bags even after y'all left! I did manage to score an easter colored peanut butter cup as we were cleaning up, it was hiding amongst the buns. Alas, no peanut butter cup is safe from me!

This does NOT mean that people shouldn't bring stuff to the next dive/bbq/foodfest. Because too much food isn't a bad thing. Mmm.....food...

Anyway, I counted 31 people, including the non-divers and the Stealth Oregon Divers (SODs). What a turnout!

Me
Sounder
Erica
Spatman (SOD)
Aquachic (SOD)
Zen Diver 2
Jabberjaw
Sergeant Pepper
Bnboly
Divernick (SOD)
Fishtiq
Pez
NWNick
BUZO71 (SOD)
Scottsax
Sheri
CaptnJack
Jcander (SOD)
Rachel(SOD)
Mystery Diver with those two (SOD)?
Dwashbur
Mrs. Dwashbur
Chenari
Chenari’s sister
Nailer99
Maverick
John Rawlings
Tom Nic
Mrs. Tom Nic (Cindy?)
Bassman
Jackieg? Was that you?

Did I forget anyone?
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Penopolypants wrote:Haha, I was being a little facetious about the chips....I think we probably had about 15 bags even after y'all left! I did manage to score an easter colored peanut butter cup as we were cleaning up, it was hiding amongst the buns. Alas, no peanut butter cup is safe from me!

This does NOT mean that people shouldn't bring stuff to the next dive/bbq/foodfest. Because too much food isn't a bad thing. Mmm.....food...

Anyway, I counted 31 people, including the non-divers and the Stealth Oregon Divers (SODs). What a turnout!

Me
Sounder
Erica
Spatman (SOD)
Aquachic (SOD)
Zen Diver 2
Jabberjaw
Sergeant Pepper
Bnboly
Divernick (SOD)
Fishtiq
Pez
NWNick
BUZO71 (SOD)
Scottsax
Sheri
CaptnJack
Jcander (SOD)
Rachel(SOD)
Mystery Diver with those two (SOD)?
Dwashbur
Mrs. Dwashbur
Chenari
Chenari’s sister
Nailer99
Maverick
John Rawlings
Tom Nic
Mrs. Tom Nic (Cindy?)
Bassman
Jackieg? Was that you?

Did I forget anyone?
Man! What a great turn-out! =D>
I'm definatly looking fwd to the next one! What are the chances of it being on a tuesday? :evil4:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Here are some underwater shots of my dive buddies on Saturday. I was trying out a new Fisheye spotting light and was shooting wide-angle portraits of my dive buddies - Jackie, Nailer and Maverick.

Here's a shot of Mav giving me a "ready to rumble" pose, (Note the "compressed look" - Yes, there really IS a Weezle under that suit!):

Here's a portrait of Jackie...one of her many "Come hither" poses":

A shot of Nailer, wearing his "adventure face", peering over the top of what I think is an old refrigerator....heck, we'll call it a "sunken wreck":

Maverick in a studly publicity photo for "Gentleman's Quarterly" :

Another shot of Nailer and his beloved COPIS Meg:

And....the finale! Jackie making love to an invertebrate-encrusted statue. You can't love marine critters any more than that!

I was really happy over the huge turn-out, and very much look forward to the next one!

- John

A selection of photos from a variety of trips can be found here: http://sandramherrera.com/gallery/v/jrawlings/
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

dwashbur wrote:And Valerie is my new favorite person. I had to abort my first dive because my high pressure hose was leaking (read, about to burst or so it appeared) and figured my day was over before it started. But she had a spare one in her save-a-dive kit and loaned it to me for the second dive, which I got to go on with my lovely wife and had a great time. THANKS!!
There are few save-a-dive kits better than Valerie's! An extra LP hose and HP hose are a must in your S.A.D. kit.

This is a prime example of why "bubble checks" are important at the beginning of every dive. Much better to find these kind of problems at the surface than to find out about them at depth! :pale:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!